Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sports Illustrated in Ireland

• 29-01-2013 2:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if there is anywhere in Ireland where I can get my hands on this weeks edition

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Is it for 'research' purposes? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

Is it for 'research' purposes? :D

Think your mixing it up with another publication:rolleyes:

Think your mixing it up with another publication:rolleyes:

The smiley emoticon at the end of my post, should have made it pretty obvious that I was only messing. Obviously went over your head though.

I get that you were only messing, It just wasn't funny.
    If he'd been asking for Nuts or Maxim maybe so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

I'll probably hide the SI mag inside Playboy or something so that no-one sees my buying any NFL-related stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I couldn't give a flying fúck what you think, now get back under that bridge where you came from.

Wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

It was a pretty crap joke.

Anyways OP, I don't think it is available here, but if you have an iPad/Tablet you can purchase a subscription, but you need an address in the US for the Hard Copies to be sent to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

If you have an iPad you can get a digital version through iTunes for about a fiver. I got the years subscription of it and its great value. Only €31 for the year which is less than a euro an issue

Edit - beaten to it by Santry Red!

You used to be able to get the hard copies in Borders that used to be in blanchasrdstown sc but they were always about 3 weeks behind.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Would Easons have it? I've never went looking for it but they might be your best bet.

• Advertisement

I remember buying it a few times , years ago but I would love to get a copy regularly. I've sent an email to SI for information so if I here anything useful, Ill post it here....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I get that you were only messing, It just wasn't funny.
    I couldn't give a flying fúck what you think, now get back under that bridge where you came from.

Brian, I don't know where that post came from but it was way OTT from me. I suspect environmental/work reasons contributed, but that still doesn't excuse it. So my apologies for posting that.

If you have an iPad you can get a digital version through iTunes for about a fiver. I got the years subscription of it and its great value. Only €31 for the year which is less than a euro an issue

Edit - beaten to it by Santry Red!

Can you get it through iTunes now or are you talking about the SI App?

SantryRed wrote: »

Can you get it through iTunes now or are you talking about the SI App?

If my memory serves me right you get it through the SI app but when you go to login you select iTunes instead of the standard SI login and you can pay for it through there. Or did I get it through newsstand? I can't remember.

Brian, I don't know where that post came from but it was way OTT from me. I suspect environmental/work reasons contributed, but that still doesn't excuse it. So my apologies for posting that.

Hey, no harm at all.:rolleyes::D

If my memory serves me right you get it through the SI app but when you go to login you select iTunes instead of the standard SI login and you can pay for it through there. Or did I get it through newsstand? I can't remember.

I downloaded the app and then purchased it through there, had to pay for a subscription including all the magazines being sent to a friend in Iowa and it was still around 30 euro I think :pac:

EDIT: I see they are on News stand now too: http://gizmodo.com/5918356/its-no-longer-ridiculously-annoying-to-get-sports-illustrated-on-your-ipad

I downloaded the app and then purchased it through there, had to pay for a subscription including all the magazines being sent to a friend in Iowa and it was still around 30 euro I think :pac:

EDIT: I see they are on News stand now too: http://gizmodo.com/5918356/its-no-longer-ridiculously-annoying-to-get-sports-illustrated-on-your-ipad
    That's a good result. 2 happy people with the one sub.

I just checked through my emails and my receipt is definitely an iTunes one so I must have bought it through newsstand and just use the iTunes login on the iPad itself. Unfortunately I also found an email saying that when my sub is up for renewal the price is going up to €36. Still great value though. The iPad app is great as it mixes in live stories with the full magazine content

That must be where I got it then. Damn this getting older and forgetting everything!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Can you purchase the digital version without the print one? Not on apple so cant go down the itunes route.

Edit: Nevermind, found it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

I have a samsung galaxy smartphone and a nexus tablet (basically non-apple stuff). Can you subscribe to SI and download it onto a smartphone without going the Google Play route? (i always seem to have problems with Google Play).

When i search on my laptop for SI in the Google Play store ( i can log in with my Irish gmail address) it says it can be downloaded via the Google Play Magazines App, but i cannot find this app on the Google Play store when i search for it on my Android phone (maybe an Irish problem?).

Basically i just wanna be able to download it onto my Android phone and possibly Nexus tablet too ideally, any ideas guys?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

The first thing I'd do if I was living in the US would probably be to get a subscription to half a dozen magazines, SI included. Such silly value for so many of them and I still like to have something to flick through. I like comics on my tablet but magazines never really connected for me.

Anyone know where I can get THIS week's edition of SI ;)

DB74 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get THIS week's edition of SI ;)

Looking for the swimsuits by any chance?

Looking for the swimsuits by any chance?

LOL - well spotted. If you read the thread from the start (when I was originally looking for the Superbowl edition), it was a natural follow-on to ask about the swimsuit edition. For the articles obviously

Kate Upton does look quite beautiful on the cover though, fair play to her

http://siextramustard.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/kate-upton.jpg

Just picked up the latest edition of SI in Easons in Blanchardstown as well as Lindys Pro-Football 2013 Preview magazine

Fantastic news if this will be available all season

Just picked up the latest edition of SI in Easons in Blanchardstown as well as Lindys Pro-Football 2013 Preview magazine

Fantastic news if this will be available all season

Out of curiousity, what's on the cover? Just wondering is it the latest one or a few weeks old. I used to pick it up the odd time in Borders when they were in Blanchardstown but it was always at least an issue behind.

Richard Sherman is on the cover - dated 29-Jul - is that a week behind?

• Advertisement

Richard Sherman is on the cover - dated 29-Jul - is that a week behind?

Yeah, 1 week behind. There are 2 covers on the latest issue, one has A-Rod and the other Johhny Football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭Guffy

Well if all else fails you know where to get it next week

Ok cheers for that - next thing to find out is when exactly do Easons get them in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭boccy23

In answer to the OP's question, I have an international subscription for SI. (A present from family). Anyway it's crap and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The costs weren't that much. But it's about a month behind, doesn't arrive every week (got 3 in one week and none for the next two) and you cannot get support from SI as it goes through a third party who know nothing.

SI is a really good mag though. I've got the digital subscription on my IPad so get it when it's issued on a Tuesday or Wednesday. It was only something like €34 for the year (50 issues).

I know the app is gone from the Irish ITunes Store now so you can't get it from there but I was able to re subscriber recently for this year using the automatic renewal on my original subscription that I got when it was available. I can't see why it isn't available in our iTunes Store anymore. It makes no sense for them not to sell it.

Anyone with a US ITunes account and access to vouchers to buy the subscription should really consider doing so. It's well worth the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

SI is a really good mag though. I've got the digital subscription on my IPad so get it when it's issued on a Tuesday or Wednesday. It was only something like €34 for the year (50 issues).

I know the app is gone from the Irish ITunes Store now so you can't get it from there but I was able to re subscriber recently for this year using the automatic renewal on my original subscription that I got when it was available. I can't see why it isn't available in our iTunes Store anymore. It makes no sense for them not to sell it.

Anyone with a US ITunes account and access to vouchers to buy the subscription should really consider doing so. It's well worth the money.

Real newbie here. How does one acquire a US iTunes account? I'd love to get SI on the iPad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭wawaman

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Real newbie here. How does one acquire a US iTunes account? I'd love to get SI on the iPad.

AFAIK you would have to get a VPN to mask your IP address

wawaman wrote: »
    AFAIK you would have to get a VPN to mask your IP address

You don't need a VPN. It's fairly simple to do really.

1. Change the store to the US one.
    2. Pick any free app to download (as we're talking about the SI mag here, why not pick that one).
    3. You'll need to log in to download it but as you won't have an account, select new account and fill in email address etc (obviously you can't use the same one as you have for your Irish iTunes account).
    4. For the address, just go onto Google maps and pick any house in the country and use it. They don't check so don't worry about them posting something there to check if you live there. Probably not a good idea to pick the White House or any other famous building but any other one and you're grand. Mine is in San Jose California.
    5. For the payment section, unless you have a US credit card (unlikely), pick 'other'. This will allow you to use vouchers.
    6. That should be that for the free apps. I'm going from memory here so sorry if I've missed a step but it's fairly straightforward.
    7. To buy the subscription or anything else in the US store you'll need some Anerican iTunes vouchers. I've a brother over there who I send money via PayPal and he emails me over the voucher so if you know someone over there, that's the easiest way to do it. Otherwise so a google search and there are places you can go who will send you some for a fee but I've never used any of the so don't know their reliability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭spillit67

Does SI still work for Ireland? Thinking of getting a digital sub.

spillit67 wrote: »
    Does SI still work for Ireland? Thinking of getting a digital sub.

The app still isn't in the iTunes store so you'll have to go throughout the steps I outlined a couple of posts ago. It is in the UK store now though so it might be easier setting up a UK account as opposed to a US one if you know someone up the north or in Britain so you can get the vouchers easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

The paper version of the magazine has been available in Easons in the Parkway, Limerick for the last few months. Maybe other Easons have it too. It is about a week behind.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

anyone have any idea if the paper version of it is still available anywhere? I am desperate to get the superbowl version this week. I got the last one after the last Patriots win when I was in Boston after that superbowl, so would love to get this one too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Don't ever apologize on the interent.... ever...... it's serious business.

bruschi wrote: »
    anyone have any idea if the paper version of it is still available anywhere? I am desperate to get the superbowl version this week. I got the last one after the last Patriots win when I was in Boston after that superbowl, so would love to get this one too.

I reckon Easons will be probably still be your best bet in a week or 10 days time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Easons on O'Connell Street. Was only in there today myself. Currently have the 26th of January issue in stock. So I'd say give it a week or two and the Superbowl issue will be in.

Just for info, the 26th January issue is two issues ago (including the issue that came out today) so as Morrison says, give it two weeks or so and you should get sorted.

Some great pictures from Sunday in this week's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Triboro

Morrison J wrote: »
    Easons on O'Connell Street. Was only in there today myself. Currently have the 26th of January issue in stock. So I'd say give it a week or two and the Superbowl issue will be in.

Do you know what price was on them by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Triboro wrote: »
    Do you know what price was on them by any chance?

Can't remember exactly. Always somewhere around €6 though I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Triboro

Morrison J wrote: »
    Can't remember exactly. Always somewhere around €6 though I think!

Ah not too bad, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

bruschi wrote: »

If you want one I will grab you one. I am sending stuff home this week. Room in the box for a SI if you want it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

JCTO wrote: »
    If you want one I will grab you one. I am sending stuff home this week. Room in the box for a SI if you want it.

that'd be great! PM on the way

• Advertisement
Advertisement