Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help identify model number of alarm system

Options
  • 29-01-2013 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi,

can anybody help identify the model number of this alarm system please?

See attached photos.

I'm trying to find a manual for it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Ademco accord, aka skip fodder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

skip fodder, lol or is it XD??

That could make my CS350 look modern?? I saw one of those recently.

I've been wondering if the PCB from old alarms could be used for some second purpose/repurposed, I'm thinking automation control, for basic projects??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Merch wrote: »
    skip fodder, lol or is it XD??

That could make my CS350 look modern?? I saw one of those recently.

I've been wondering if the PCB from old alarms could be used for some second purpose/repurposed, I'm thinking automation control, for basic projects??

There are plenty of gadgets available which require little or no real work to set up be that by text or internet control. Jnealons description describes this panels purposes well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Mickery

Thanks Jnealon. Found a manual for it. Managed to reset the codes. It seems to be working so I won't throw it in the skip just yet ;)

altor wrote: »
    There are plenty of gadgets available which require little or no real work to set up be that by text or internet control. Jnealons description describes this panels purposes well :D

Any links to these products? just looking to get an idea whats available and what they can do, and how they are controlled
    12v?

• Advertisement

all irrelevant to the OP I suppose but very interesting,
    Im glad I asked as I saw that climote mentioned somewhere here, couldn't remember what it was called,

just looked it up, interesting that its a quite compact heating controller, that looks like it is GSM and wifi, but it doesnt appear to have the abiltiy to connect to a thermsotat, at least no mention of it, saw another device called NEST, all pretty pricey

homebots and their temp/leak sensors look interesting, maybe it'd be possible to roll those features into one device like an alarm, I think heard that mentioned on siemens here in boards, not sure if they do temp and fluid sensors as that might not be an on/off signal

Interesting stuff. I'd love to have control of the house from my phone. The Android smart TV gadgets are brilliant. I can't afford to build my Deathstar just yet which is why I'm hoping to get the old alarm up and running.

I spoke too soon about the alarm system. It's a real pain in the hoop entering settings on this thing. I was at it for ages last night. There were a few problems that needed some re-programming \ masking tape:

- tamper switch in the main unit was not set.
    - tamper switch in the keypad is missing the plastic piece to hold down the switch.
    - door sensor tamper alarm won't reset.

Eventually got it working (ish). Indoor alarm works well with all motion sensors, outdoor alarm is not working yet. It is very loud all the same. This will wake me if anyone gets in so I'm happy with that.

I've got it ignoring the door sensor for now. There might be a problem with the wiring.

Is this standardised across security systems or am I messing with a stoneage system?

Mickery wrote: »
    Interesting stuff. I'd love to have control of the house from my phone. The Android smart TV gadgets are brilliant. I can't afford to build my Deathstar just yet which is why I'm hoping to get the old alarm up and running.

I spoke too soon about the alarm system. It's a real pain in the hoop entering settings on this thing. I was at it for ages last night. There were a few problems that needed some re-programming \ masking tape:

- tamper switch in the main unit was not set.
    - tamper switch in the keypad is missing the plastic piece to hold down the switch.
    - door sensor tamper alarm won't reset.

Eventually got it working (ish). Indoor alarm works well with all motion sensors, outdoor alarm is not working yet. It is very loud all the same. This will wake me if anyone gets in so I'm happy with that.

I've got it ignoring the door sensor for now. There might be a problem with the wiring.

Is this standardised across security systems or am I messing with a stoneage system?

It is an old system used by ADT. I have taken a few out and replaced with a more modern system so that would be the route you should take rather than trying to fix with tape. Have you tested the detectors to see if they are the fault rather than the cable? One thing to note is ADT have dummy boxes on some of the installations and have used the cable for the outside bell for a smoke or motion detector on the landing. Not sure if this happened in your case but just to be aware of.

Merch wrote: »
    all irrelevant to the OP I suppose but very interesting,
    Im glad I asked as I saw that climote mentioned somewhere here, couldn't remember what it was called,

just looked it up, interesting that its a quite compact heating controller, that looks like it is GSM and wifi, but it doesnt appear to have the abiltiy to connect to a thermsotat, at least no mention of it, saw another device called NEST, all pretty pricey

homebots and their temp/leak sensors look interesting, maybe it'd be possible to roll those features into one device like an alarm, I think heard that mentioned on siemens here in boards, not sure if they do temp and fluid sensors as that might not be an on/off signal

Yea, seen that today:
    Here is the link ;)

• Advertisement

It is an old system used by ADT. I have taken a few out and replaced with a more modern system so that would be the route you should take rather than trying to fix with tape. Have you tested the detectors to see if they are the fault rather than the cable? One thing to note is ADT have dummy boxes on some of the installations and have used the cable for the outside bell for a smoke or motion detector on the landing. Not sure if this happened in your case but just to be aware of.

I rang ADT initially. The guy I spoke to insisted they wouldn't touch an Ademco unit and it wasn't theirs. This was funny as their branding is all over it and I got his phone number inside the main unit. He suggested I try "the internet", which actually turned out to be good advice :D.

How do you test the door sensor? I'm opening and closing it alright but the tamper warning is there all the time i.e. immediately on start up \ after exiting programming mode.

The tape is a temporary measure to hold down the tamper switch until I can figure out a better alternative.

Thanks for the dummy box tip. I haven't gotten around to checking if it is even wired up yet.

By the way, I've attached the user and programming manuals. I'll try and amend the thread title to make it more useful to any other Googlers.

The original post and thread title don't seem to be editable.

Edit: Unfortunately.

Yea, seen that today:
    Here is the link ;)

Thanks, i found it by accident after looking at your other links, I was sure I saw it referred to on boards before, I couldn't find where, mostly as I just could not for the life of me recall what it was called.
    It seems rather dear, I should be happy enough with planning to get my controls upgraded from mechanical timer to thermostat controlled.

I rang ADT initially. The guy I spoke to insisted they wouldn't touch an Ademco unit and it wasn't theirs. This was funny as their branding is all over it and I got his phone number inside the main unit. He suggested I try "the internet", which actually turned out to be good advice :D.

How do you test the door sensor? I'm opening and closing it alright but the tamper warning is there all the time i.e. immediately on start up \ after exiting programming mode.

The tape is a temporary measure to hold down the tamper switch until I can figure out a better alternative.

Thanks for the dummy box tip. I haven't gotten around to checking if it is even wired up yet.

By the way, I've attached the user and programming manuals. I'll try and amend the thread title to make it more useful to any other Googlers.

If you can join the tamper connections in the junction box together does this clear the tamper fault?
    Have you tested the cable to rule out a fault with it?
    Even wire in any spare cores at sensor and panel if you have no way of testing it. Just be sure to take a picture of the sensors wiring plus a note of the connections.

If you can join the tamper connections in the junction box together does this clear the tamper fault?
    Have you tested the cable to rule out a fault with it?
    Even wire in any spare cores at sensor and panel if you have no way of testing it. Just be sure to take a picture of the sensors wiring plus a note of the connections.

Thanks Altor. I'm on a bit of a learning curve here so I'll try your suggestions and do a bit more research. There are a few spare core wires alright or maybe they've been pulled out, as at some point the keypad was yanked off the wall.

Thanks Altor. I'm on a bit of a learning curve here so I'll try your suggestions and do a bit more research. There are a few spare core wires alright or maybe they've been pulled out, as at some point the keypad was yanked off the wall.

It may be a cable from the keypad to the front door also so check to see if there is a join in behind the keypad cable going to the front door.

Advertisement