Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lack of communication - serious issue with house

Options
  • 29-01-2013 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there,

I have a few issues I would like to request some advise on.

1. Myself and friend moved into an apartment in July.
    On the 14th January, our water stopped working.

I contacted the estate agents straight away, and I received a reply stating they would get the landlord onto this issue.

6 days later, no contact, no answer to our calls, nothing.
    2 days after this, I sent another email stating that a "reasonable" time had passed, and that we were terminating our contract.

We had just paid rent when the water stopped working.

I received a response that the estate agent worker was out on holidays..... (no OOO, no re-direct, nothing)
    She said fine, but I have to give 14 days notice and 28 days termination notice.

I replied that we can't physically live in the house, and we have to commute back to our home town (91km away on a daily basis to shower, use the bathroom, wash clothes and cook etc.)
    I have had little response from them since this email.

I'm angry over this, and I want to get some advise. I sent threshold several messages, but no contact from them either. I left plenty of voicemails too. None have been returned.

Would I have a decent case to legally terminate my contract and request my rent for January - February and my deposit back?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement