Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piano accompanist

Options
  • 29-01-2013 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi All,

I'm a conductor of a choir and we are entering a competition that's in April.
    I am looking for a piano accompanist for 1 piece only.
    It has to be a fairly good player as the piece is not that easy.

Also the other trouble is that the Choir is based in Dublin but the competition is in Belfast, so i'm looking for someone who is basically free for the day of the competition.

Can anyone advise how much is the reasonable charge? As i said it is only one piece but travelling is involved. Travelling cost would be covered by the choir it is the time spent travelling i'm wondering about if that is a chargeable time.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Doshea3

I think a fee of around €150 would be reasonable, as it would realistically take at least three to four hours including travelling. Most accompanists will charge a fee for their time, regardless of how many pieces they have to accompany.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

If you're looking for a Belfast based accompanist give me a shout. Done quite a few choral accompaniments :-)

Advertisement