Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballina Cinema Closed

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

It could be my PC, but the images aren't appearing Darko

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

yop wrote: »
    It could be my PC, but the images aren't appearing Darko

Can't see them either

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

As I said, there was such a small amount cropped out that 99% of people wouldn't notice it. It didn't take away from my enjoyment of the film and when I mentioned it to another person after they hadn't even noticed it.

I love how you assume that staff wouldn't care if there were issues. But then again you come across as the kind of person who would rather cry about it on boards rather than make the issue know at the time. Just like those people who will finish a terrible meal in a restaurant and then run home to criticise just how poor it was online.

Its good that you had a great viewing experience, it does give hope that my experience was just initial teething issues for the newly re-opened cinema.

I'm assuming staff don't care because that's what I experienced under the old cinema sadly. I'll be trying to ensure management hear off issues this time around because complaining to the floor staff last time around didn't accomplish anything.

You shouldn't jump to conclusions about people based on single posts on forums btw :pac:

Its good that you had a great viewing experience, it does give hope that my experience was just initial teething issues for the newly re-opened cinema.

I'm assuming staff don't care because that's what I experienced under the old cinema sadly. I'll be trying to ensure management hear off issues this time around because complaining to the floor staff last time around didn't accomplish anything.

You shouldn't jump to conclusions about people based on single posts on forums btw :pac:

So you assume staff don't care but then have no issue perhaps endangering some of their jobs by complaining about them to their bosses bosses. Really hate this attitude that people have where in they'd prefer to sit quietly and stew as an experience is ruined rather than take 30 seconds to inform someone in a capacity to fix the issues. I know that I would hate to work in an environment where customers would not inform me of issues, instead preferring to go way over my head and possibly put my job at risk.

Out of curiosity, you did have the 3D glasses on? On plenty of occasions I've been to 3D screenings where people didn't realise that you need glasses in order to see the affect. And from what I've been reading on facebook, there was more than one person in Ballina cinema at 3D screenings who didn't use the glasses.

So you assume staff don't care but then have no issue perhaps endangering some of their jobs by complaining about them to their bosses bosses. Really hate this attitude that people have where in they'd prefer to sit quietly and stew as an experience is ruined rather than take 30 seconds to inform someone in a capacity to fix the issues. I know that I would hate to work in an environment where customers would not inform me of issues, instead preferring to go way over my head and possibly put my job at risk.

Out of curiosity, you did have the 3D glasses on? On plenty of occasions I've been to 3D screenings where people didn't realise that you need glasses in order to see the affect. And from what I've been reading on facebook, there was more than one person in Ballina cinema at 3D screenings who didn't use the glasses.

Correct, I have no issue reporting major problems directly to management. I tried the other way, it didn't work. I'd really like the cinema to stay open this time around.

Yes, i had my 3D glasses on :)

• Advertisement

Correct, I have no issue reporting major problems directly to management. I tried the other way, it didn't work. I'd really like the cinema to stay open this time around.

Yes, i had my 3D glasses on :)

You didn't try the other way. You decided instead to skip straight to the extreme so to speak. You never gave staff a chance to rectify the problem. I'm assuming that like most audiences, the rest of the people there sat through an unsatisfactory presentation and not one person bothered to complain. Instead preferring to have the film ruined so that you could take the matter further.

Just to point out, the problem in the old cinema with complaining was that you could never find a mber if staff to complain to. That's not an issue in the new cinema as staff are plentiful and from the two trips I've had there do far, staff have checked the screens twice per performance.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Mod Note - Lads this is just going back and forth. Lets give is a rest, if there is a problem then best to contact the owners of the cinema and highlight that issue. Going back and forth here on when it should be done etc is just dragging this thread on. Agree to disagree on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

I can't find the face book page. Could someone link for me please?

Went to the cinema the weekend before last to see Enders Game, movie was a couple minutes late and we had to ask for the lights to be turned down but apart from those niggles everything else was good, good pic, good sound, nice and warm , no cropping etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Went to see Interstellar last night. Movie started with the picture being too far outside the screen. Had to run out and get someone to fix it.

This is basic stuff that cinemas shouldn't be messing up, and its disappointing that the same old issues seem to keep cropping up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

There has been no memorable issues the last few times I can recall going seeing a film.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Well, I hadn't been to the cinema in over a year, so I must just have been unlucky.

For a €9 ticket on a Monday night, I don't think it's a lot to ask to have the aspect ratio correct for a movie.

Remarkable how the bloody adverts are always correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Well, I hadn't been to the cinema in over a year, so I must just have been unlucky.

For a €9 ticket on a Monday night, I don't think it's a lot to ask to have the aspect ratio correct for a movie.

Remarkable how the bloody adverts are always correct.

€9 is high for a week night. 02 customers can avail of €5 tickets sun to Thursday if they sign up got priority, it's available nation wide in
    IMC cinemas.

Advertisement