Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oldtown Exchange

Options
  • 29-01-2013 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Saw some posts in another forum that said the Oldtown (Co. Dublin) exchange was being fast tracked for upgrade to BB in early 2013.

Can you check if this is true?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

irishd wrote: »
    Saw some posts in another forum that said the Oldtown (Co. Dublin) exchange was being fast tracked for upgrade to BB in early 2013.

Can you check if this is true?

Hi irishd,

I have been unable to get an indication as to if or when the Oldtown (OLDA) exchange may be broadband enabled I'm afraid.

Can you confirm where you saw that " Oldtown (Co. Dublin) exchange was being fast tracked for upgrade to BB in early 2013"?

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 45 irishd

Hi Mark,

Thanks for looking in to this, saw it mentioned in a thread about the fibre rollout in North Dublin.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056784346&page=4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

irishd wrote: »
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for looking in to this, saw it mentioned in a thread about the fibre rollout in North Dublin.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056784346&page=4

Hi irishd

I have looked into this and unfortunately at this moment in time thereare no plans for the exchange in oldtown, there are also no plans to upgrade this exchange fibre. Would you like to PM me your number to make sure your line is served by the oldtown exchange?

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 45 irishd

Hi irishd

I have looked into this and unfortunately at this moment in time thereare no plans for the exchange in oldtown, there are also no plans to upgrade this exchange fibre. Would you like to PM me your number to make sure your line is served by the oldtown exchange?

Regards

Al
    Thanks Alan, will PM you anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Evolutionary Guy

Hi Eircom,

I had an eircom engineer here last week and he told me that the exchange in oldtown is definitely getting fibre upgrade and that my standard fixedline broadband will improve greatly.. 

What exactly is going on and who knows anything "officially" ?  Any new information greatly appreciated...

BTW although im only 1km from oldtown im actually on the ballyboughal exchange (like 6km away).... how will i benifit?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Eircom,

I had an eircom engineer here last week and he told me that the exchange in oldtown is definitely getting fibre upgrade and that my standard fixedline broadband will improve greatly.. 

What exactly is going on and who knows anything "officially" ?  Any new information greatly appreciated...

BTW although im only 1km from oldtown im actually on the ballyboughal exchange (like 6km away).... how will i benifit?

Thanks

Hi volutionary Guy

Can you please DM me your landline number and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement