Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healy Rae's Drink Driving Permit Motion

Options
  • 29-01-2013 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have the list of which county councilors voted for, against or abstained in this ridiculous motion? IMHO those who abstained (yes, seven of them) as good as voted for it and I'd like to know who they are.

PS. Elections for county councils next year...

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 56 ✭✭TheGolfer01

dmeehan wrote: »
    Does anyone have the list of which county councilors voted for, against or abstained in this ridiculous motion? IMHO those who abstained (yes, seven of them) as good as voted for it and I'd like to know who they are.

PS. Elections for county councils next year...
    Afaik there was 12 who abstained and I agree that they are worse than the ones who voted for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭kennypowers

I think its more important that Kerry people register their disgust formally http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/kcc-says-no-formal-complaints-have-been-made-on-proposed-drink-driving-permits-motion/
    This amadan got elected in the last council elections on the back of a huge vote/turnout from the non nationals in Killarney, allegedly the going rate was 50 euro.Democracy Irish style.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

I think its more important that Kerry people register their disgust formally http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/kcc-says-no-formal-complaints-have-been-made-on-proposed-drink-driving-permits-motion/
    This amadan got elected in the last council elections on the back of a huge vote/turnout from the non nationals in Killarney, allegedly the going rate was 50 euro.Democracy Irish style.
    It doesnt matter HOW he got elected, the fact remains he did.

This is why I opened this thread, to find out who voted for or abstained this motion and to ensure people do not vote for them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

the people of kerry should be calling for the resignation of healy rae...its a disgrace.

Nozebleed wrote: »
    the people of kerry should be calling for the resignation of healy rae...its a disgrace.
    Yes it is a disgrace. Also calling for his resignation will have no effect.

But the topic of this thread is to find out who voted for/against abstained this motion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Nozebleed wrote: »

The resignation of all of the Healy-Rae's would be a better idea. They should all be consigned to the oblivion that they deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

Are Council meeting minutes not a matter of public record?

nelly17 wrote: »
    Are Council meeting minutes not a matter of public record?

I would have thought they were but I cant find anything on kerrycoco.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭555guy

dmeehan wrote: »
    I would have thought they were but I cant find anything on kerrycoco.ie

looks like they can be gotten here but no updates for 2013 yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

allegedly the going rate was 50 euro

:eek:that is shocking if true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The Healy-Raes are a joke.

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/kerryman/news/healy-rae-calls-on-ray-darcy-to-stand-for-election-in-south-kerry-29032983.html
    Asked if the motion was a publicity stunt, a vote getter and from a councillor with vested interest, Cllr Healy Rae disagreed.
    "The people in Kerry know me well enough without me having to go to this trouble. Certainly, though, this has created interest as far away as Chile, Spain, France and all over Great Britain but these people can't vote for me," he stated

This one's particularly deluded, thinking that anyone outside the tribal area would ever vote for him if they were ever unfortunate enough to have him or any other members of his tribe on their list of candidates.

As for saying that "this has created interest", I think he's mistaking "interest" for "howls of laughter and derision".

Advertisement