Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

snowdon marathon 2013

Options
  • 29-01-2013 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi There , I've entered the Snowdon marathon and was wondering if anyone had previous experience of it , tips or advice in general ?
    I'm 49 this year and lifelong runner , done Dcm x3 In past around 31/2 hrs and triathlons for last 12 years or so including 1 Im distance though had poor run on that due to lack of prep in general 4.42 !!
    Not looking to do eyeballs out , just respectable time which allows me to enjoy the occaision , Am prone to injury though calfes in particular , but have never followed a training plan due to numerous variables [ which probably has'nt helped.] Nothing else planned this year though. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭Enduro

It's a very hilly marathon. Connemara would be flat in comparison, for example. Of course its also a spectacularly scenic marathon as a result.

So general advise would be to do as much training as you can on hills. The hills on the race are quite long, so longer steadier hills would be best.

If you can do 3:30 in Dublin then I would guess that you should be able to do Snowdown in around 4:00.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Here's the video of the 2011 race to give you an idea of what to expect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvbnJxbw3eA

The 2012 video is floating around somewhere. I think it was broadcast of S4C. It was on this link but doesn't seem to be working -http://www.s4c.co.uk/chwaraeon/e_marathon_eryri.shtml Weather was a lot better then

Advertisement