Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fishing lead moulds

Options
  • 29-01-2013 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

hello i am just wondering can anyone point me in the direction to where i can buy moulds to make fishing leads or to some one who would be able to make moulds or even if someone had old moulds that they no longer use i would be willing to buy them off you. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭sanbrafyffe

where you based lad

claff1978 wrote: »
    hello i am just wondering can anyone point me in the direction to where i can buy moulds to make fishing leads or to some one who would be able to make moulds or even if someone had old moulds that they no longer use i would be willing to buy them off you. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 13 claff1978

based in the midlands but willing to travel for moulds

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

What type of moulds are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭sanbrafyffe

are you looking for boat fishing moulds,beach moulds etc

fishing boat moulds, bombs ,for jumping jacks and bouncing bettys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I'd start with your local tackle shop, mine has plent of different moulds

21/25

have tried a few around but no joy where is your local tackle shop

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭MarcinG

Tried in Anglers world? in Souhside Angling (dublin) they have selection (@~20e). you can try fishing exhibitions (at least 2 soon), or google do it moulds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Hi,

I found a few before on ebay for making grip moulds. Comes with a kit of eye's/gripping wire aswell.

If you want to do some DIY ones, a bucket of sand and push a lead into it leaving the shape, then just pour in your hot lead. Or else 2 piece's of wood clamped together, drill down the center so each piece has half the mould. You can make a few test ones and weight them till you figure out how big a hole you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

ukhooks has a good selection of molds. never bought from them tho.

be very very carefull with hot lead, it hurts. make sure your area is well ventilated and that no amount of water can get near you as it will make the lead explode.

• Advertisement

thanks for the help think i will be gettin them off mold it just thought someone here might have some they were no longer using

Advertisement