Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notebook stuck on loop?

Options
  • 29-01-2013 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks
    My notebook is stuck on a loop when i strt it, just the load up screen of windows seems to be looping over and over,
    Any idea how much this would cost to get repaired
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭kaisersoze

try press f8 during boot up and so into safe mode...look at recently installed apps to see if they are causing problems or run antivirus/antimalware scan too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

It could also be caused by a system file being corrupted. I would boot it from a bootable USB stick and back up your data in case the hard disc is failing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

cheers folks but im in no way any good with computers, how much could it cost to get fixed as id have no idea how to fix it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Did you try booting in safe mode? If it boots in safe mode then try a system restore to an earlier date.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

cheers folks but im in no way any good with computers, how much could it cost to get fixed as id have no idea how to fix it myself

To be honest it'd probably cost in the region of 65 - 100 euro, so I'd do what FSL & kaisersoze said first which costs nothing, you don't need to be a computer wizard to press F8 on boot

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

This issue could be a failed hard disk (worst case) or a simple file corruption/malware/virus issue. If you know anyone who knows a bit about computers ask them to help you with the advice above, if you draw a blank, you will be looking at over the 100 possibly if the hard disk needs replacing (and if you require data recovery). Very hard to put a specific price on it, and no two repair shops will be the same with how much they charge.

Nick

Advertisement