Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit Government Duty

Options
  • 29-01-2013 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi,

On the 23rd of January I was charged twice for €5.00 for government duty on my ATM card. The BOI website says that the duty for the year is only €5.00. Is there any reason I would be charged twice? I only have one card, my previous laser card was to be cancelled after activation of the Visa debit card.

Thanks,

Stephen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi sbEdge,

Thanks for taking the time to post.

The only time you would be liable for two Government Card Duties, is if you had two activated cards in use on your account. As you have only the one card it does sound as if you have been charged the second amount in error. If you contact your account holding branch a representative will be happy to look into this further and arrange a refund if necessary. You can find contact details for your branch here.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement