Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best price in Ireland for iPad ?

• 29-01-2013 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Where ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

New, they're all standardized prices by Apple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭HTML5!

Try Adverts.ie for people selling new(ish) iPads.

You can find a good deal there sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭raler

Thanks, that clears that up. Is there any talk of a new one coming along this year, in terms of bringing down the prices of the existing models ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Rip off republic here going to wait till i get to canada till i get mine works out 85 euro cheaper:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Rip off republic here going to wait till i get to canada till i get mine works out 85 euro cheaper:D
    Not really. Generally European prices are very close to each other. We are not being ripped of this time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

well if i can get it for 85 euro cheaper out there i would call it a rip off here:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

raler wrote: »
    Thanks, that clears that up. Is there any talk of a new one coming along this year, in terms of bringing down the prices of the existing models ?

Yep, there will always be a new iPad every year.

http://www.dailytech.com/Fifth+Generation+iPad+Back+Plate+Pictures+Leak/article29772.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭HTML5!

Not really. Generally European prices are very close to each other. We are not being ripped of this time.

16GB iPad retina - 367e in Canada

509 here. No, no rip at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

HTML5! wrote: »

Add in the EU/Irish VAT rate.

Compare us to the UK or Europe. We pay the same more or less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Best price in Ireland is either dixons travel shop in Dublin airport or a refurb from apple direct: http://store.apple.com/ie/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad
    Also apple do discounts for students and some (like airport) employees.
    Outside Ireland, USA and HK probably cheapest, but if you follow the official channels (and pay duty/tax) when you bring it into the country there 's probably little savings in it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

HTML5! wrote: »

That's nothing to do with Ireland but Apple's Euro pricing policy.

Also you're forgetting to add on local taxes which are not included in North American prices and you will pay in the shop over there or at checkout stage online.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭yeroulfella

Dioxins in Dublin airport is about €40 cheaper, so if you know anyone who works in the airport with airside access they can get it for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I bought a 3rd Gen iPad on the Apple Refurb store about 3 weeks ago. I can't recommend it enough. The iPad itself came in brand-new condition, with plastic on the screen and wrapped around the device. Cosmetically the device looked perfect. Wouldn't be surprised to be honest if it was just repackaged old stock that didn't sell. The plug looked brand new too, the USB did look it was unravelled before it was packaged. But again looked unused. It all came in a shrink wrapped special iPad refurb box too, slightly more pleasant than a generic brown cardboard box. :D Paid €390, delivered the next day. Fair enough it isn't the 4th Gen, but with €130 in the difference with a very minor update it made sense. And you can almost guarantee at least one more major software update (ie iOS7). My two cents anywhoo!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Yep like I said (3 posts back) dixons or refurb is the way to go.
    Refurb are all like you described, only the internal bits are used. The outside is refurbished, with new parts, hence it's new. Also when people return their iPad they usually don't hand in their cables (and they cost apple next to notbing) so yes they would be all new too. I know you get this but still plenty of people don't get the concept of refurbishment and think they're getting someone else's old scrathed up and dented iPad...

Advertisement