Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

too many interviews?

Options
  • 29-01-2013 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Just looking to find out if anyone has experienced this before , I applied for a job late december and got an interview for january , all normal , went to the interview met two senior directors . Interview lasted an hour or so. got second interview with two more managers of the actual place of work, i turned up spent forty five mins with them until they realised they were interviewing me for a totally diferent position. Not my fault so apologies from them then continued for another half hour . Got another call to meet with the client who the company work for , had a good meeting with him for 50 mins , discussed the job , and various things. THEN got another call to meet the owner of the company and another manager , spent another hour with them getting grilled ! that was last week , it is not a senior manging director role, its a trade type role. i ts not crazy money or anything..im just wondering is this the new normal? 4 interviews and not even a job offer(yet)? its so frustrating!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Just looking to find out if anyone has experienced this before , I applied for a job late december and got an interview for january , all normal , went to the interview met two senior directors . Interview lasted an hour or so. got second interview with two more managers of the actual place of work, i turned up spent forty five mins with them until they realised they were interviewing me for a totally diferent position. Not my fault so apologies from them then continued for another half hour . Got another call to meet with the client who the company work for , had a good meeting with him for 50 mins , discussed the job , and various things. THEN got another call to meet the owner of the company and another manager , spent another hour with them getting grilled ! that was last week , it is not a senior manging director role, its a trade type role. i ts not crazy money or anything..im just wondering is this the new normal? 4 interviews and not even a job offer(yet)? its so frustrating!

Is it a senior ish role? I'm going for a job at the moment which has a screening HR interview, then an interview with two managers, then two potential peers, then the director of the division if I wade through the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

two be honest annoying as it may be they obviously see potential in you if they keep calling you back,just keep your fingers crossed and pray that the next call will be a job offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭tony81

They're idiots.

However, if you want the job I suppose you'll just have to jump through a few hoops.

A good interview question is "do you have any reservations about hiring me?" I asked that to a senior manager at a second interview and he replied "no, not at all. I think we will be hiring you!".. and I got the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Stheno wrote: »
    Is it a senior ish role? I'm going for a job at the moment which has a screening HR interview, then an interview with two managers, then two potential peers, then the director of the division if I wade through the others.

no i wouldnt say its seniorish at all. It has its responsibilities all the same . and possibly promotion down the line . but its pretty much a maintenance role !
    Thanks for all the replies its good to get another opinion, but even though they have given me four interviews , i still have no offer , so either they still think i need something or they cant decide on maybe me or someone else .

I will keep this updated just in case! hopefully i hear this week.

Advertisement