Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make up Dublin city centre

• 29-01-2013 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for make up application in Dublin city centre...around grafton st if possible.
    My first choice is mac in bts but they are booked out. Thanks .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

Makeup forever on claredon street might be worth a look?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Bobbi Brown in BT. Had a lovely application done there before. Steer clear of YSL, was sorely disappointed with my birthday make up :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I'm getting mine done in Bobbi Brown in a couple of weeks; I can post back here to let you know how I got on if that helps?

Twee, do you mind if I ask what products you bought from Bobbi Brown after your application? The way I understand it is you choose what products you want them to use and you buy 2 products from them to cover the cost of the application, so it's cheaper if you use cheaper products (but there's a minimum spend of €45). I usually buy my foundation there, so I'll buy another one, but I'm at a bit of a loss as to what else I'll get.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭shoos

When Mac was booked out, I went to the Armani stand and never looked back :)

They were brilliant, really friendly, and make-up is absolutely beautiful. Would definitely recommend them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

jokettle wrote: »
    I'm getting mine done in Bobbi Brown in a couple of weeks; I can post back here to let you know how I got on if that helps?

Twee, do you mind if I ask what products you bought from Bobbi Brown after your application? The way I understand it is you choose what products you want them to use and you buy 2 products from them to cover the cost of the application, so it's cheaper if you use cheaper products (but there's a minimum spend of €45). I usually buy my foundation there, so I'll buy another one, but I'm at a bit of a loss as to what else I'll get.

I got their gel liner. It's a very nice product and comes in a few colours. You need a brush though so if you don't have one that's another add on expense!

Haven't used them but I like the look of their blushers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luppy

Thanks everyone!! May book bobbi brown and if not Armani (thanks shoos).jokettle if you could let me know how you get on that would be great!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Went to Bobbi Brown yesterday. I think they did a lovely job; unfortunately I didn't think to get a proper photo of the results! But, the girl talked me through everything, asked me about the colour of the dress I was wearing that night to make sure the eyeshadows didn't clash. She showed me the results of almost every step so I could tell her if I wanted more or less of anything. She gave me great advice about how to apply certain products, and didn't push me to buy anything in particular.

In the end, I bought the gel eyeliner because it looked amazing when she applied it on me; she was wearing it herself in a more dramatic style and looked fantastic. I also bought a pressed powder because that's something I really need, but I was tempted by one of the cream eyeshadows in a champagne colour. Might go back for that when I have more money!

Also, she gave me a chart with the names of all the products she used. Maybe this is a standard thing, I don't know, but I thought it was great to have a record of what was done if I'm trying to recreate the look later on.

Advertisement