Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redirect to old style on IE9

Options
  • 29-01-2013 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,655 ✭✭✭

I started to get the following message

"We have ceased support for your browser and you have been directed to 'old style' boards.ie. To experience the new look boards.ie and get the most from the site, please upgrade your browser to IE8+, Chrome, Firefox or Safari."

But I am using IE9, which is one of your listed supported Browers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

I started to get the following message

"We have ceased support for your browser and you have been directed to 'old style' boards.ie. To experience the new look boards.ie and get the most from the site, please upgrade your browser to IE8+, Chrome, Firefox or Safari."

But I am using IE9, which is one of your listed supported Browers

Have you compatibility mode enabled perchance? If not could you take a screen shot of:

http://www.boards.ie/diagnostics

and send it on pls, we'll take a look soon as possible. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,655 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Have you compatibility mode enabled perchance? If not could you take a screen shot of:

http://www.boards.ie/diagnostics

and send it on pls, we'll take a look soon as possible. Thanks

Edit: Removed screenshot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

You appear to have compatibility mode enabled, which means your browser is declaring itself as IE7. There should be an icon resembling a broken page to the right of your URL bar in IE, un-selecting this should solve the problem.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement