Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Manager resigns

Options
  • 29-01-2013 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,311 ✭✭✭

Live Drive posted today that John Tierney has resigned:
    Everyone on Live Drive would like to wish the City Manager, John Tierney the best of luck in his new position as Managing Director of Irish Water. He has always been a supporter of the show and of the station and though we're sad to see him leave, we wish him all success in his new position.
    link
    Dublin City Council wishes to confirm that Dublin City Manager John Tierney has advised Dublin’s Lord Mayor Naoise Ó Muirí of his intention to resign from the position of Dublin City Manager. The resignation will take effect from 28th April 2013. The City Manager is leaving to take up the position of Managing Director with Irish Water

The Lord Mayor together with the Elected Members will shortly engage in discussions regarding the process of selecting a new City Manager.
    link

I don't think many people in Dublin realise the sway that this guy has. It wouldn't be much of an exaggeration to say he has single-handedly run the city since 2006. It'll be interesting to see who will replace him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Dam for one euphoric moment I thought Mancini had finally quit. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Well I hope he does a better job at procuring water meters and fitters then he did at procuring waste services in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

markpb wrote: »
    Live Drive posted today that John Tierney has resigned:

link

link

I don't think many people in Dublin realise the sway that this guy has. It wouldn't be much of an exaggeration to say he has single-handedly run the city since 2006. It'll be interesting to see who will replace him.

Sorry...............

This Guy has 4 assistant city managers, 10-12 department heads plus a dozen other top people he depends on to run the city...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,311 ✭✭✭markpb

not yet wrote: »
    This Guy has 4 assistant city managers, 10-12 department heads plus a dozen other top people he depends on to run the city...

No offence to them, my point was more that he has more power than the elected representatives when it comes to the day to day running of the city. Very little happens here unless he wants it to.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Frankly, good riddance. Hopefully Jim Keogan follows him out of DCC.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Does anyone else consider it just a tad ironic that Tierney has been given the top job at Irish Water when, during his tenure as City Manager of Galway, the cryptosporidium outbreak happened?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

MadsL wrote: »
    Frankly, good riddance. Hopefully Jim Keogan follows him out of DCC.

Personal grudge?

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Does anyone else consider it just a tad ironic that Tierney has been given the top job at Irish Water when, during his tenure as City Manager of Galway, the cryptosporidium outbreak happened?

Think you have that wrong. Cryptosporidium in Galway happened in 2007. He's been Dublin city manager since 2006 and before that was Fingal manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Given the shining beacon of efficiency, reasonable staffing levels, value for money and quality of service provided by Dublin City Council, I think we can already declare the Irish Water project as a resounding success. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

kceire wrote: »
    Personal grudge?

He presided over one of the worst periods of planning excess to the point that there was a Government investigation about planning 'irregularities' in DCC.

DCC were a disgrace during the boom.

• Advertisement
Advertisement