Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[CoD Black Ops 2] Revolution Thread

• 29-01-2013 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭

revolution.jpg

No idea if this is worthy of its own thread, but decided to make a separate thread for the Revolution DLC in case people wanted to discuss their thoughts/opinions etc without posting in the News and Discussion thread.

So for those who don't know, the Revolution DLC was launched today and contains:
    • 4 brand new Multiplayer maps (Hydro, Downhill, Grind, Mirage)
    • A new Zombies map (Die Rise)
    • New Zombies game mode called "Turned" in which the player is able to play as a Zombie
    • A brand new DLC weapon (SMG) called the "Peacekeeper". This will be the first DLC weapon in the history of the series

I've had a few hours with the new maps and the Peacekeeper and I'm definitely liking it a lot so far. The Peacekeeper is awesome and easily becoming one of my favourite guns in the game. I love how it retains the Asssault Rifle range/accuracy but still lightweight like an SMG. The iron sights are brilliant and frees up a free point on your loadout if you are like me and rely on Reflex a lot. As far as maps go, my least favourite would have to be Downhill. My favourite is tied between Hydro/Grind, with Mirage coming second :)

I recorded some gameplays of each map earlier today and rendering them out at the minute, if anyone wants to get an idea of what the maps play like and also to get a peek at how the Peacekeeper feels etc, please do watch :) P.S., I am not an amazing player by any means so please excuse any bad gameplay!

Downhill

Hydro

Grind

Mirage

Will post the rest later as I get them rendered. Let the discussion begin :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

The zeds map is glorious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Got to play a few of the maps tonight, from what I've seen so far

Hydro - fun map with a symmetrical layout and a relatively simple design, a few different levels of play, unlike most of the current maps which are all pretty flat. - really enjoyable

Grind - Bright and colourful, massive outdoor areas that circle a central indoor section - the curved walls can be ran up and in some cases actually be climbed - again, different and enjoyable

Downhill - lots of different sections to this map, only got one game on it and I joined halfway through, could have the potential to being a bit of a sniper fest due to the long lines of sight.

Mirage - in typical black ops 2 fashion I got a match on this map with only 1 minute left, so I cant really give much of an input.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

I'm stuck in Swansea for the next 2 weeks, if I d/l the DLC to the xbox in the house here (housemates xbox but play online under my gamertag) can I re-download again to my own Xbox back in Ireland when I'm home ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Yep u can download again when u get back home, just do the same thing again login in as usual and download onto your own xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

Dubdude wrote: »
    Yep u can download again when u get back home, just do the same thing again login in as usual and download onto your own xbox.

Excellent....that's my Saturday sorted now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Got it last night .. have to say having played all 4 maps I'm delighted so far with them. Especially grind. Mirage being my least fave only I guess because it came up the least in the lobby selection.
    Ill play more in the next few days but downhill and grind .. 9/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

So much peacekeeper camping :( Suppose it was to be expected, happens when new maps come out a lot without pretty much everyone using an SMG...

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Had a few games this morning and its pretty good . Mirage is the only map I don't like , the other 3 work quite well in all the game modes . Anyone else have an issue where you spawn in with no weapon ( I think its only happened on a class with the peacekeeper ) no biggie ,but I feel like a bit of a tool running around with just the combat knife .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I dunno if it's just me but when I turn on my console to play, any custom classes I've set up with the peacekeeper disappear :/ I have to re set-up the loadout and quite frankly it's annoying! Grind is definitely my favourite, picked up a bloodthirsty medal the other day in that one bit inside, thru the window that overlooks two entrances with a ramp ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Ramza wrote: »
    I dunno if it's just me but when I turn on my console to play, any custom classes I've set up with the peacekeeper disappear :/ I have to re set-up the loadout and quite frankly it's annoying! Grind is definitely my favourite, picked up a bloodthirsty medal the other day in that one bit inside, thru the window that overlooks two entrances with a ramp ;D

Oh right, it all makes sense! You're RS Ramza, right? The biggest camper in Ireland. Fair annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

The new zombies map is a bit chaotic.

If there was some mission you had to complete, such as starting on the top of the building and trying to work your way down to the bottom through all the floors, then fair enough. But it doesn't seem anything other than a clusterfuuuk of small corridors and greyness.

Tranzit is far better IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Oh right, it all makes sense! You're RS Ramza, right? The biggest camper in Ireland. Fair annoying.

Harsh. Sounds like someone is buthurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

CORaven wrote: »
    Harsh. Sounds like someone is buthurt.

Not at all. I was trying to get use to the new maps and he was standing at that window he mentioned the whole game.

Not at all. I was trying to get use to the new maps and he was standing at that window he mentioned the whole game.

Thats not camping ROFL. If you're gonna rush in from both those entrances I'm gonna use the vantage point to my advantage and pick you off :pac: Especially if you keep going back there over and over :rolleyes:

Whole game? :confused: Don't think so? Just taking advantage of high ground, if I WAS there the whole game why not flank me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Ramza wrote: »
    Yeah, happened to me last night. Haven't played today, but hope it's fixed. Bit of a pain having to redo the class every time you turn the xbox on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

Peacekeeper is a beast of a weapon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Game kept freezing on me when playing on new maps last night, this happening anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Brazzill

add me up boys Irish Mourinho k/d 1.24

Peacekeeper I find to be so/so, the low fire rate makes me lose a lot of close quarters fights so rapid fire is becoming a must for me, the low dmg is also annoying

A video I made about the Peacekeeper if anyone is interested :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement