Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clare Daly TD Drink Driving?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

A hot whiskey..:D

You've got to love Kharma...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

No charges, no story!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

She was moaning on RTE News that the Gardai released her name. Is that not completely hypocritical seeing as she didn't give two fecks about the privacy of the individuals who had their penalty points squashed, legally, despite the government asking for their details to be remained private.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Sully wrote: »
    She was moaning on RTE News that the Gardai released her name. Is that not completely hypocritical seeing as she didn't give two fecks about the privacy of the individuals who had their penalty points squashed, legally, despite the government asking for their details to be remained private.

Did she have penalty points squashed?

So she wasn't charged with anything and we're talking about it like she was found guilty?

Well, that sounds very fair.

(as much as I hate this smilie...) :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

mfitzy wrote: »
    stopped by Gardai in south Dublin

Guilty of getting caught on the dark side!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

No charges, no story!

The cat is out of the bag. Good luck putting it back in...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Well she has even admitted herself she had a drink (a hot whiskey) and was driving. Not illegal if under the limit, surely she knows herself if she was or not :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭frfintanstack

So she wasn't charged with anything and we're talking about it like she was found guilty?

Seems like a dose of her own medicine to me....

She was taken to the station....only 2 reasons for that she failed the roadside test or refused to give a sample.

only one reason she wouldnt know the result....she again refused to give a breath sample at the station and was required to give a blood or urine sample which takes some time to test.

all good stalling tactics if you've had a few whiskeys.....but Im sure she wouldnt be at that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭rightwingdub

Ah righteous Clare Daly who likes to jump on every bandwagon going. If she's found to be over the limit, will she resign, I think not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,714 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What a non story. Was she or was she not over the limit? If not over the limit then this should not have been published.

Anyone who gets stopped at a checkpoint is under suspicion.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Wider Road

Ah righteous Clare Daly who likes to jump on every bandwagon going. If she's found to be over the limit, will she reign, I think not.

Where will she reign?

walshb wrote: »
    What a non story. Was she or was she not over the limit? If not over the limkit then this should not have been published.

Tell Clare Daly that when she goes about publishing peoples names who had penalty points cancelled.

Despite the fact she knows nothing of the reasons for it.

Tell Clare Daly that when she goes about publishing peoples names who had penalty points cancelled.

Despite the fact she knows nothing of the reasons for it.

Two wrongs.........?

Two wrongs.........?

Karma ?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭rightwingdub

Wider Road wrote: »
    Where will she reign?

Meant resign, to be honest if she's over the limit its not a resigning matter but the likes of herself, Joe Higgins, Rich Boy Barrett and Joan Collins have been jumping on every bandwagon going.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

No charges, no story!

There is a strong possibility yet that charges will follow.

Meant resign, to be honest if she's over the limit its not a resigning matter but the likes of herself, Joe Higgins, Rich Boy Barrett and Joan Collins have been jumping on every bandwagon going.

There is no such thing as a resigning matter in Irish politics.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I think its disgusting a politician would drive a car with any amount of alcohol in there system!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I think its disgusting a politician would drive a car with any amount of alcohol in there system!

just a politician though?

• Advertisement

There is a strong possibility yet that charges will follow.

Ok, have you a link to this? The OP link is very brief. No arrest or charges mentioned.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

What a non story. Was she or was she not over the limit? If not over the limit then this should not have been published.

She was driving erratically causing her to be pulled in and then she refused to do a breath test so was arrested. That's a story in itself.

She now admits she was drinking before driving.

Whether she gets away with it by delaying the test and getting under the limit in time is another thing and another story.

Edit - although appears to be conflicting reports, she was either arrested for refusing to give a breath sample or arrested for giving one and being over the limit. Depending on which report you believe.

She just said on the news that she was breathalysed at the roadside....must have failed that one so....:eek:

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Ok, have you a link to this? The OP link is very brief. No arrest or charges mentioned.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/td-clare-daly-arrested-on-suspicion-of-drinkdriving-3369809.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

just a politician though?
    Anyone really, but more so a politician. Our law setters should be setting a higher standard for the rest of us!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

Two will do.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

No charges, no story!

Generally when your breathlysed, the machine will pass or fail you. If you fail, your arrested and brought back to the station for a more accurate test. If I recall correctly, you have the option of providing a blood sample, urine sample or breath sample. The breath results are instant. The rest are sent away for testing.

Remember the case in Roscommon where the postal workers interfered with the blood tests being sent away? Also you often see on those police programs about people seeking blood tests as a nurse is needed and it delays things - so some hope by the time its taken the blood sample will prove that they were under the limit. (NOTE: I'm not suggesting that's whats being done here, because taking a blood/urine test is seen as more accurate than breath tests).

Anyway, as it goes 'Never Ever Drink And Drive' and they claim that just one drink can impair your driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭tonyclifton

Should have made sure she kept her Nose clean after blowing the whistle on the Garda clearing penalty points for friends and family....
    Not for a second sugesting that the Garda would be type to hold a grudge ))

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

It's alright lads, she had a permit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

As much as I love bashing the loony lefties, I'd be pissed off if someone attacked a FF politician before the case was concluded, so I'll be refraining, for now at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Should have made sure she kept her Nose clean after blowing the whistle on the Garda clearing penalty points for friends and family....
    Not for a second sugesting that the Garda would be type to hold a grudge ))

Thought the exact same...she mayy have even been watched.

No doubt a call was made from a concerned td in dail bar to the Garda report her drink driving ))

mfitzy wrote: »

Thought the exact same...she mayy have even been watched.

Yes or maybe a "concerned td " made a call to a Garda to report her drink driving))

• Advertisement

No doubt a call was made from a concerned td in dail bar to the Garda report her drink driving ))
    Yes or maybe a "concerned td " made a call to a Garda to report her drink driving))

Unless she's related to a "concerned td" I highly doubt it, considering she has said she was with family.

Just want to nip this Dáil bar business in the bud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

We just seem to be going down the road of lots of speculation here. I think we are best leaving this one until there any further developments, if any.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement