Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Furniture shops?

Options
  • 29-01-2013 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

Just shopping around at the mo, does anyone have any particular furniture shops they found reasonable a lot seem to have massive furniture that wouldn't fit in our little house. If anyone knows of anywhere reasonable (not into antiques) priced with practical furniture can you let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

Larry O'Keeffe's in Clonmel or Minogues in Cashel / Roscrea generally have a wide variety of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

got stuff in Minogues nice to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭varberg

Minogues are good enough can be pricey enough unless they have a sale on but they do have good quality stuff.

If you check the Ikea website and make a trip up the motorway to there you can buy very stylish and practical furniture from the swedish company at very good prices. Check their website. They do flat packs which can often be fitted into ur car and also deliver to Tipp. Many local handimen or women that advertise in the tipp tatler or nationalist or tipp star can put it together if u dont like or know much about putting furniture together.

If u shop local id say its worth checking out "the red flag" on the road between Borrisoleigh and Templemore, nears barnane Drom. Can find great things there for good prices. Surprising mix of differant things there. Well worth a look around. Also o keefes in dundrum or the aforementioned minogues in cashel are worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

The Vincent de Paul have a second hand furniture shop in their headquarters in Mulcahy House in Clonmel (052 6123878). Not sure if it's open every day or just on Fridays so worth giving them a ring in advance.

There's obviously a mixture of stuff in there, some of excellent quality, others not so much. I bought a great bookcase there a few weeks back for €20 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Liam Whelan's Tipperary Town has a lot from nursery items, blinds, carpets and a good range of furniture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

Slatterys Furniture Nenagh (will source you a suite of furniture to fit even the smallest room)

Ger Gavins Furniture and Carpets Nenagh

Abbey Furniture Nenagh and Templemore

The Red Flag between Borrisoleigh and Templemore

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭LetFly

+1 for Minogues also. Big selection of stuff and over a decent price range. Good to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

I would avoid Abbey furniture - We've just had serious trouble with them, we went into the shop and picked out tiles and borders etc with one of the shops workers. The guys came and put up with the plain tiles without the feature tiles or borders.

Owner Michael claims that was all we ordered and there was nothing he would do for us as it was our fault. Not only that but we agreed a price of 1550 for the jobs we were doing - when I arrived in the shop to try and sort this mess out, he then went on to mention we had to pay for "extras" like grout and a lip around the bath etc and he would do us a favour and only charge 1590 instead of "much more".

Needless to say we told him where to go and are still dealing with it. Avoid Abbey Furniture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 clonmel lady

the vincent de paul shop in clonmel is open every 2nd fri i was looking for small childs bed i got one there very lucky nd very cheap beds sofas lockers table and chairs pictures its hit and miss but worth a trip as far as i no its open this fri. second hand and easy on the pocket plus money for good cause opens at 10 think it finish at 12.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

The information that St.Vincent de Paul in Clonmel is a possible option for some people useful.

Good to see Larry O Keeffe get a good rating they are a nice family.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement