Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a shipping company for USA to Ireland.

Options
  • 29-01-2013 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

As above, I am looking for a delivery company that will pick up clothing products for my in Idaho USA and ship/air mail to Ireland, can you recommend any company?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

I would also be interested in this if anyone has any info thanks

paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭hyperborean

UPS or DHL would be the best options, as for price you would have to contact them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

contact Rudolf http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=222187

The goto guy on boards.ie on all matters international shipping, customs etc,

cheers

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

I have contacted UPS and FedEx already about delivery to Ireland but their prices were too high. I am importing clothing goods at the minute to inspect quality 5kg box 50x50x50 cm and they quoted me minimum of €300, this is a good bit more then the value of the goods also their prices for 50kg delivery was minimum €1000, this would simply make me uncompetitive.

@Peter, I pm'd rudolf last week and got no response, he must not have been online lately. I know he's the go to man, and hope he is online ASAP, as he would be a great help.

I am sure someone on here must have direct commercial contact info for him!!

Anyone care to PM the guys?

Cheers

Peter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

I've used both IPS and DSV to import from the states by sea freight.

Swampy wrote: »
    I've used both IPS and DSV to import from the states by sea freight.

Swampy is dead on, there is a huge difference is the cost of airfreight versus sea freight but it also takes much much longer Around 4 weeks if I remember correctly as opposed to under a week.

Cheers

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Swampy is dead on, there is a huge difference is the cost of airfreight versus sea freight but it also takes much much longer Around 4 weeks if I remember correctly as opposed to under a week.

Cheers

Peter

yep. The ship takes 2 weeks but you will need another week in advance to sailing for all your paperwork to be in order. So 3-4 weeks is a good assumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

Hunter21 wrote: »
    I have contacted UPS and FedEx already about delivery to Ireland but their prices were too high. I am importing clothing goods at the minute to inspect quality 5kg box 50x50x50 cm and they quoted me minimum of €300, this is a good bit more then the value of the goods also their prices for 50kg delivery was minimum €1000, this would simply make me uncompetitive.

@Peter, I pm'd rudolf last week and got no response, he must not have been online lately. I know he's the go to man, and hope he is online ASAP, as he would be a great help.

Attn : PeterDalkey

First and foremost thanks for your support and pointing people in my direction. It is much appreciated

Hunter21

In relation to imports using courier companies, trying to do a deal this end is usually significantly more expensive than getting things done at origin. I have found FEDEX to be the most cost effective this end.

I will respond to your PM later today, my apologies for the lack of response

TO ALL MY FOLLOWERS AT BOARDS.IE

I know I have been less than responsive in dealing with requests for assistance than I would have liked to be.

Just to let you all know, the past 12 months have been a personal annus horribiles. 3 funerals (my mother, her partner and my then partner) a divorce and a wedding on the same day (the latter in Marymount Hospice, Cork), taking on legal guardianship of the children of my late wife (17 yo Boy and 12 yo Girl). And then, just when I was coming up for air last October, my brother was diagnosed with cancer.

Things are beginning to level out a small bit and I am beginning to get back to some semblance of normality.

So hopefully from here on in I will be able to respond in a more timely manner to your requests for information and assistance.

Best regards,
    Rudolf289

Rudolf289.
    You have indeed beeen through a very tough time over a short timescale and not one that many of us would cope well with.
    As to recommending you, it is only proper that great helpful posters like yourself have some small return for the pro bono input you make to this forum. I am sure you look after your customers as well as you do with your great service on here, they are very well serviced indeed. Good guys deserve all the business that comes their way.

I do hope that the future for you will now only be brighter than the recent past and that your " new" son and daughter and yourself can have a happier life.

Best regards

Peter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Robdub

Just fyi for you anyone that still wants to ship from the states to Ireland. If you using companies like UPS, Fedex etc these companies are more targeted towards corporate shipping so they can be very expensive. If your an individual your better off using a company that specializes in shipping for individuals or personal effects shipping. I used moveit4me.ie It might be worth getting a quote off them or whoever else does that type of shipping but generally stay away from the big ones aforementioned etc

Good luck anyway to anyone shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Springcabbage

I'm looking to bring an airstream trailer to Ireland

Any help on the best shipping company to deal with would be greatly appreciated
    Rgds

Just talk to Rudi in post #10 above!

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

I'm looking to bring an airstream trailer to Ireland

Any help on the best shipping company to deal with would be greatly appreciated
    Rgds

Hello Springcabbage,

If you send me a PM with details of the airstream trailer,e.g. ;

1) place of origin
    2) weight(s) and dimensions of the piece(s) involved
    3) place of delivery in Ireland

I can source rates and services for you.

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

Hi Can I get a quote for shipping a small but heavy vintage used tractor spare part from Ontario Canada to Dundalk, Ireland.
    shipping size about 10" x 10" square box weighing about 2 kilos.
    regards

Advertisement