Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Clearance Form

Options
  • 29-01-2013 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Seem like most of you are a step ahead of me. I would appreciate if somebody could tell me how they overcame this step.

On my Garda Clearance form, it asks for proof that I require clearance.

What did the rest of you do for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Clubman2012

On the actual Garda form or on your visa App? You dont need a clearance for the first part of the Visa App.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 locoo

On the actual Garda form that I got at the station. It asks for proof that I require clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 locoo

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

locoo wrote: »
    Anyone?

I just sent a stamped addressed letter to the superintendent in my area along with a copy of my passport, asking for a garda cert for Canadian working holiday visa purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mrs McSweeney

We needed to show the letter re the job offer, but we were going under the SINP system & had a job lined up.

It seems illogical that they would require this for people travelling on the IEC or similar where the job would be found after emigrating?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

My Uncle is a Guard so I didn't have to bother filling in the form to get my clearance, but a friend of mine did and she asked her local superintendent about that. Apparently if you say that you need the clearance just for the purpose of applying for an overseas visa they won't ask for any proof.

Advertisement