Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHI Multitrip - Small Claims Court?

Options
  • 29-01-2013 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi,
    Lost my phone on Honeymoon and filled out all the correct paperwork to VHI Multitrip and sent it off.

Got letter from Aria (VHI) today saying I get nothing as I didn't take all the proper precautions cos I left my phone in a taxi.

I didn't say I left it in a taxi - I said that's last place I saw it.
    Also rang the taxi man and he didn't find any phone.
    They are assuming that I did - maybe I didn't.

Can I take them to small claims court?
    What have I got to loose apart from the €25?

If the judge says I deserve nothing then I can accept it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

SCC is useless here. Insurance companies are regulated so make an official complaint and if you are unhappy with their final response then refer the matter to the financial services ombudsman. Costs nothing also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Also the policy has a maximum payout of €100 for mobile phones with an excess of €85 so the most you can get out of them is €15. Your policy document should confirm this, section 12. So not worth SCC.

Advertisement