Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just ordered this from Pc manufacturer is it any good?

Options
  • 29-01-2013 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

Guys

Can any one tell me if this is a fairly decent system set up

Processor CPU: Intel i7 3820 3.6 { 4 Cores}
    CPU Cooling: Watercooled by Antec H921
    Memory: 32GB DDR3 1600Mhz Extreme
    Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    SSD Hard Drive: Optional Extra
    Hard Disk 1: 2 Terabyte UDMA600
    Optical Drive 1: Sony 12X BluRay Writer
    Optical Drive 2: Sony 24X DVD Rewriter
    Video Card 1 Main: Nvidia Geforce 2GB GTX660Ti
    Video Card 2: Nvidia Geforce 2GB GTX660Ti
    Sound Card: Xonar HDAV 1.3 PCI-E
    Wireless: 300 MBPS Wifi Included
    Power Supply: ANTEC HCG 900 Watt BRONZE
    Operating System: Windows 8 Standard 64 Bit
    Warranty Period: 2 Year Return to Base Warranty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Depends what you are using it for.

If for instance you were just using it to browse the net and play music and videos then it would be a criminal waste of money.

If you were doing seriously intensive video editing or cgi then it would be a good machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Are you fishing for "WOEW MEIGHT!1" compliments here?

I doubt you would spend the 3 grand odd it cost to make up that spec on custompc.ie and didn't know if it was a "fairly decent spec"

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

i was just looking for other peoples opinion on spec etc and it is going to be a game and multimedia machine, no offence meant

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It's funny how often people ask opinions on stuff after they've ordered it.:p

Usually PCs bought from manufacturers are underpowerd, overpriced or are lopsided and have pointlessly expensive components in some areas but less good ones in others.

It looks excellent to me but whether it's good value for money and whether it's appropriate to your needs are entirely different issues.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 107 ✭✭smellsfunny

yep very good PC, probably would have just getting the one graphics card on its own and doubling the budget

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

How much?

Advertisement