Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop to surround sound problems

• 29-01-2013 8:48pm

Ok, so I don't know if I should be posting this in the laptop forums so I might copy and paste this over there too...

So, objective- hook up my laptop to my tv and surround sound.

components:
    Samsung NC10 netbook
    Sony Bravia tv
    Sony S-Master amp

I'm hooking my netbook up to the tv using a pc monitor cable but I get no sound so I use the computer speakers and hook them up to my netbook.

How can I get sound either from the tv or the surround sound without resorting to the pc speakers? I thought I'd use a hdmi cable to link just the netbook and surround sound (because obviously the surround sound is connected to the tv so i woudnt need to hook the netbook to the tv too...) but the hdmi can't be inserted anywhere into my netbook. All I have is a a port for a monitor cable and a headphone jack.

Ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

Unless the laptop has either HDMI or spdif outputs then it can't be done for surround sound. Your only other option is to connect the headphone output of the laptop to an aux input on the surround system or TV, but this would only give you stereo.

Advertisement