Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooper/Barrel-Making Tools

• 29-01-2013 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I'm looking to get some old (or not so old) cooper's tools for my father's 50th birthday. His father was a cooper, and he regrets my now-deceased grandmother selling these on after he died.

As the trail for tracking down my grandfather's original tools has long since gone cold (forty years or so), and my father has displayed a sudden interest in woodworking again, I have been wondering if I could place my hands on some tools for him. Ideally I'd like them to still be in a usable condition needless to say, but we could conceivably get them restored too.

Now, I placed this thread originally in the Galway forum, and someone mentioned this:
    dpofloinn wrote: »
    If its of any use to you there is a guy in Ennis who has a stall in an indoor market which is runs on Saturday's and Sunday's who always seems to have a mountain of old hand tools for working wood.Its in the elevation business park in Ennis.

So, does anyone have this gentleman's contact details?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

No, sorry - but it's a lovely idea to get him some tools of the trade - nice one :) Car boot sales often have a stall with old tools (all kinds) - you'd pay through the nose for them though. There's an old blacksmith forge reopened near me, run by an ex-woodsman. I'll ask him if he knows anywhere to get these tools, if ya want?

Advertisement