Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 25 transfers

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Utd have better fixtures than city however utd have the CL to contend with too and those two games against real are going to take a lot out of them its a big step up from anything they will face in the league. Having said that evra is the least likely defender to be rotated but some of those easier games will be harder due to the team fergie picks with Real in mind.

Absolutely spot on man, well spotted :)

roryc wrote: »
    If you believe it's anything else could I recommend a life of professional sports gambling?

Have you not already broken the top 500

Nah, rarely gamble.

I've never been in the top 500 at the end of a gameweek. My highest has been 665 (GW 22). Jez, just realized I have never been outside the top 50k all season. 60 points in hits :pac::pac::pac:

Good point.

I'll be looking at a City defender after the Chelsea game tbh, Gibbs hasn't been performing and has to go. Would be great if he scored/assisted tonight though.

great transfer to make imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Which of Zabaleta/Clichy is less likely to get injured/sent off/spontaneously combust as soon as I buy him in though?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Good point.

I'll be looking at a City defender after the Chelsea game tbh, Gibbs hasn't been performing and has to go. Would be great if he scored/assisted tonight though.

evra and zab have been the best two full backs in the league this season . Your lucky in that with your money you can have both without it really weakening ur front 7. Im thinking if smalling doesn't start tonight ill get him in as id fancy him to start at fulham and least one of the games either side of the real cl game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i had Smalling for about 10 GWs.

it was decent differential a couple of times, and he rotated quite well for me, but you need to have good backup defenders just in case he doesn't play.

SlickRic wrote: »

it was decent differential a couple of times, and he rotated quite well for me, but you need to have good backup defenders just in case he doesn't play.
    Ye all my other 4 defenders are playing so thats what I was thinking. However with this DGW now I wont be bringing smalling in also I just saw that Utd have an fa cup game after the real match so smalling will prob play that which will be no use to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

Jose Enrique back tonight by the looks of things. Liverpool have been solid enough without him so it will be interesting to see if Rodgers sticks him straight back in. Might be an option for the DGW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

10.6 to replace Ba with.......Any idea's?

Already have RVP and Suarez,or take a hit to get Auguero?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'd hold off on Aguero until after Suarez has his DGW, but definitely consider bringing him in, I know I am. City have tough fixtures over the next few GW's.

• Advertisement

I'd hold off on Aguero until after Suarez has his DGW, but definitely consider bringing him in, I know I am. City have tough fixtures over the next few GW's.
    Id agree with that maybe do nothing next week then go ba to sturridge for DGW.After DGW get Aguero in for either suarez or sturridge

Id agree with that maybe do nothing next week then go ba to sturridge for DGW.After DGW get Aguero in for either suarez or sturridge

Go with Sturridge and Suarez for the DGW?

dahat wrote: »
    Go with Sturridge and Suarez for the DGW?

That's my plan anyways :D

FutureGuy wrote: »
    That's my plan anyways :D

The great Boards plan is in operation then!!

Question now is whether to sell Ba for Sturridge this week as i do not wanna risk losing more money on him........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

SlickRic wrote: »

Even if you do have good backup defenders,you can never foresee who might get injured/suspended/have no game. That's the problem with the likes of smalling/dawson. I know I'd be fecked this week if i had him and he didnt play as two of my defenders are injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

is there another dgw and if so when, have vp sturridge and augero up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Fizman wrote: »
    Nelson is gone.

Well **** it anyway. Wish he had been flagged as such yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Well **** it anyway. Wish he had been flagged as such yesterday.

In fairness, it's been known for about a month that he was going!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

In fairness, it's been known for about a month that he was going!!

Yeah but I didn't know he was due to leave now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Not planning on any transfers for 25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Yeah but I didn't know he was due to leave now.

Well, all the article said that he would more than likely leave at the end of Jan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

bale just doesn't seem to be meant to be in my team, have had plans on bringing him back in a few times, had meant to put him in for cazorla for this gw but when i seen tevez starting last night i pulled the trigger on ba out tevez in, i feared city could run riot v qpr.
    i was going to put bale in for cazorla. then i said i'd do it for gw 25 but with gerrard playing 2 home games in gw 26 i think i might leave cazorla in at home to stoke and put gerrard in for him for the dgw and then fianlly get bale in the week after.

(that's if nothing happens in tonight's games that makes me feel i need to get rid of cazorla sooner, or get in gerrard or bale earlier)

dahat wrote: »
    The great Boards plan is in operation then!!

sign me up for that aswell it will surely work. Famous last words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

8-10 wrote: »
    Not planning on any transfers for 25

Same as well, saving 2 for the double GW 26.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Who'd be the best replacement for Gibbs? Worth 5.5 million to sell and have .2 in the bank.
    Have Zab already, could do Gibbs>Clichy and Zab to someone else?

Edit: Enrique is back, could be an option

richieffff wrote: »
    Who'd be the best replacement for Gibbs? Worth 5.5 million to sell and have .2 in the bank.
    Have Zab already, could do Gibbs>Clichy and Zab to someone else?

Edit: Enrique is back, could be an option

carragher could be an option with the DGW in mind he is back in the liverpool team. Cue one of his famous ogs in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

im giving fellaini one more game, but im almost convinced id be better upgrading/downgrading him to one of lampard, silva, gerrard, or marveaux or taraabt so i can upgrade a striker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Gonna have to get rid of Gibbs. Out for three weeks according to Wenger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Can't ignore Sunderland any longer, by my count they have had six clean sheets in the league since the end of December, with United, Spurs, Liverpool and Wigan the teams they conceded against.

I want a defender, but who? Cuellar is still injured, so who is a regular for them at the minute?

Advertisement