Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 25 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

jolim24601 wrote: »
    im giving fellaini one more game, but im almost convinced id be better upgrading/downgrading him to one of lampard, silva, gerrard, or marveaux or taraabt so i can upgrade a striker

+1 Was thinking just the same

And it is not just impatience like happens for players like bale etc.

His average position continues to be deep (see soccernet)

Still a huge threat from set pieces but his duties are now those of a defensive midfielder...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Can't ignore Sunderland any longer, by my count they have had six clean sheets in the league since the end of December, with United, Spurs, Liverpool and Wigan the teams they conceded against.

I want a defender, but who? Cuellar is still injured, so who is a regular for them at the minute?

O'Shea at 5m if your going down that road isn't a bad shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

moreau wrote: »

Still a huge threat from set pieces but his duties are now those of a defensive midfielder...

Ive never been convinced by him got him in twice this year and was immediately suspended. Then I signed him again at the start of jan for the 3rd time in the wildcard got rid of baines(thats gone well 29 pts in 3 games) as decided it was one or the other. To say he has been a let down for me is putting it mildly. I know hes played further forward this year but he has no real form as a goalscorer/creator in the previous four years. Hes got one more week and then hes gone for michu or gerrard for DGW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

moreau wrote: »

His main threat now is from set pieces.
    Villas main weakness is from set pieces.
    I just signed him and may captain him :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Gibbs is going, especially if he's out for 3 weeks.

Zab or Enrique im thinking with the DGW on the horizon. Clichy a maybe. Got a few bob to spend any ideas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Yeah I'm looking at Gibbs too, he's been a terrible buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Gibbs out for Azpi or Enrique I'm thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

is fellaini playing deeper now?
    didn't really scored since he's return from the banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Gibbs is going, especially if he's out for 3 weeks.

Zab or Enrique im thinking with the DGW on the horizon. Clichy a maybe. Got a few bob to spend any ideas.

Even if Gibbs was only missing one game week, he's too injury prone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lemlin wrote: »
    Even if Gibbs was only missing one game week, he's too injury prone.

Reports about the 3 weeks out seem to be true.I've dispatched him & Ba.Didn't want to take a hit but the points lost by Ba are killing me.Suarez in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I can't believe I'm even thinking this and know it's reactionary to what happened tonight but what about swapping RVP with Rooney? I've had him since those 13.0 days so there would be no going back but I've always had Rooney as a fixture in my team until this year. If he's fit he should play alongside RVP.

Through a combination of injuries and whatnot he could be fresher than RVP in the closing months. I should probably go to bed and banish such crazy talk but RVP did fade slightly in the second half of last season too. And my wildcard is in play so temptation to do something stupid is rife :eek:

Lets hope this has all been a dream come tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I need a good replacement for gibbs, I have 5.7m to spend and already have zabaleta and azpilicueta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭G1032

I need a good replacement for gibbs, I have 5.7m to spend and already have zabaleta and azpilicueta

O'Shea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Whats the deal with mata,do we ship?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

An uninspiring of Billy jones to Ben Davies - juts preparing for the DGW.

Davies, Michu, Suarez so far. Prob add enrique if he is back properly fit. Enough DGW players? would like Gerard but can't drop mata home to wigan.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

What's the thoughts on Samba at QPR.. They have steadied up at the back a lot recently and he offers a great goal threat wonder how much he will be...

Gibbs out Davies IN.

Will consider a 4 point to get in Zabaleta for Cameron, mainly because I'll be forced into doubling up on Reading DF/GK next week if I dont.

If Mata doesn't play I've Pog coming in which doesn't bother me too much, they face Sunderland at home. I'm wary Le Fondre will start ahead of him though based on recent form. Reading should just play both up top instead of 4-5-1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

roryc wrote: »
    Gibbs out Davies IN.

Will consider a 4 point to get in Zabaleta for Cameron, mainly because I'll be forced into doubling up on Reading DF/GK next week if I dont.

If Mata doesn't play I've Pog coming in which doesn't bother me too much, they face Sunderland at home. I'm wary Le Fondre will start ahead of him though based on recent form. Reading should just play both up top instead of 4-5-1

Yeah I think ALF has to start now which is unfortunate for Pog as he has done well.

EDIT: Wow Rory, Gibbs out, Mata doubtful and Pog may not play...ouch :(

I'm looking at Wisdom...I thought he would not play and yet he did. Need to find out why. Would be a super choice for the DGW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm looking at Wisdom...I thought he would not play and yet he did. Need to find out why. Would be a super choice for the DGW.

i would guess it's because Enrique was just back from injury.

EDIT: Wow Rory, Gibbs out, Mata doubtful and Pog may not play...ouch :(

Haha don't act surprised! Standard for the last two months. I'm honestly happy with that GW purely because one of my defenders scored above 2.

I'm looking ahead to next week's transfer, and debating the merits of a Bale -> Gerrard swap, just for the DGW. I can already see Bale banging in a hat-trick against Newcastle that week though which will probably stop me pulling the trigger.

• Advertisement

roryc wrote: »
    Haha don't act surprised! Standard for the last two months. I'm honestly happy with that GW purely because one of my defenders scored above 2.

I'm looking ahead to next week's transfer, and debating the merits of a Bale -> Gerrard swap, just for the DGW. I can already see Bale banging in a hat-trick against Newcastle that week though which will probably stop me pulling the trigger.

Bale > Gerrard was one of the transfers I was looking at but then he goes and scores!

Honestly, if Mata was ruled out for a few weeks with that ankle problem, it'd suit me to the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Honestly, if Mata was ruled out for a few weeks with that ankle problem, it'd suit me to the ground.

i'd have no problem with it.

Bale or Gerrard in. easy. probably Gerrard for now, then Bale later as there's the DGW.

i'd say it's only a niggle on Mata though.

SlickRic wrote: »
    i'd have no problem with it.

Bale or Gerrard in. easy. probably Gerrard for now, then Bale later as there's the DGW.

i'd say it's only a niggle on Mata though.

Mata has a niggle. Perfect excuse for Rafa to rest Mata Ba.

We lose cash on the Mata OUT/IN though, whereas I think more people got Bale in at £9.8 so the swap out and back would be a bit smoother.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Shorty69664

Take out michu and stick in Lampard either now or after DGW? Am i mad? Have had michu since day 1 but seems to be going off the boil a bit......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Id imagine matas fine id say its just rafa getting his retaliation in first with regard to why did he take off mata. Watched the liverpool game last night Wisdom was impressive I thought but as mentined previously enrique was probably just been eased back in. Carragher was the other one who caught my eye Rodgers has put him back in the last few games he did well last night however marking giroud would suit him both have no real pace. Not making a transfer this week will see how carragher fares against city and may bring him in for DGW good value at 5.0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I've got Gibbs as well so that's my transfer out sorted. I'm strongly looking at QPR for another budget defender especially since they have Norwich at home next, I see mention of Fabio playing some sort of midfield role, is his position secure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

I've got Gibbs as well so that's my transfer out sorted. I'm strongly looking at QPR for another budget defender especially since they have Norwich at home next, I see mention of Fabio playing some sort of midfield role, is his position secure?

oooh thats an interesting one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

He was playing left midfield. I'd wait until after today. QPR could be bringing in a few so their setup could change drastically.

Talk of Bentley who can play either wing in midfield. And Samba who could lead to a rejig at the back.

Fabio will miss GW27 too so if you've him and Swansea or Liverpool players you could end up snookered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Lemlin wrote: »
    He was playing left midfield. I'd wait until after today. QPR could be bringing in a few so their setup could change drastically.

Talk of Bentley who can play either wing in midfield. And Samba who could lead to a rejig at the back.

Fabio will miss GW27 too so if you've him and Swansea or Liverpool players you could end up snookered.

soooooooo....who should i get instead of bibbs :)

Advertisement