Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 25 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

chops018 wrote: »
    Will any of the transferred players today be playing this weekend?

I wouldn't mind chancing Samba for the injured Gibbs, he was a machine at Blackburn.

This is being discussed on another thread here, it appears most people think Samba will start tomorrow, I'm inclined to agree and will probably have him myself, he isn't replacing anyone as Nelson is gone, you'd expect Harry to throw him in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

Please can somebody talk me out of doing Robin Van Persie -> Wayne Rooney? this wildcard can have a strange effect at times :eek:

Rooney is a great talent and does a good job for SAF and ManU but I fear he just doesn't seem to deliver the fantasy football points when there is a goal scorer ahead of him. He was comfortable in Ronaldo's shadow for years. Then Ronaldo left and Rooney had to, and did to be fair to him, step up. Now he is back in his comfort zone playing a supporting role. He'll pick up lots of assists and a few goals but it's RVP that will pick up lots of goals and a few assists. Now if RVP gets injured then it's straight over to Rooney thank you very much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Going to bring in Remy for Benteke. QPR's next 6 look decent bar Man U. Bringing in Cesar too to alternate with Begovic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

This is being discussed on another thread here, it appears most people think Samba will start tomorrow, I'm inclined to agree and will probably have him myself, he isn't replacing anyone as Nelson is gone, you'd expect Harry to throw him in.

They paid 12.5 million for him and he's on 100k a week. Unless he has a secret broken leg, he'll start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

What about Enrique for Gibbs as Liverpool have a DGW?

Where is the other thread? I'd like a read of the posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,440 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Samba has to come in - Might even Captain him while I'm at it :D

What about Enrique for Gibbs as Liverpool have a DGW?

Where is the other thread? I'd like a read of the posts.

There is a whole forum, I think it's the general ff discussion thread but there is plenty of interesting reading on most of the threads here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

There is a whole forum, I think it's the general ff discussion thread but there is plenty of interesting reading on most of the threads here.

Cheers Swiper.

Just a quick question: I have 2 FT this week.. Just did the move, Gibbs to Samba, I don't want to use my other FT this week, will I have 2 FT again next week?

Next week I'm thinking of taking out Ba and putting in Remy or Sturridge, and then taking out Fellaini and putting in Bale or Gerrard.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭wardie101

Just a quick question: I have 2 FT this week.. Just did the move, Gibbs to Samba, I don't want to use my other FT this week, will I have 2 FT again next week?

Yes you can carry a transfer over....only 1 though...if you made none this week, you could only carry one so would have 2 next week not 3

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

http://fplstrategist.com/2013/02/01/burning-the-blueprint-christopher-samba/

Lads, if interested, I posted an article on Christopher Samba for your reading pleasure. If ye like it, I'd appreciate any Faceboo and twitter shares. Need to see if people are reading!

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    http://fplstrategist.com/2013/02/01/burning-the-blueprint-christopher-samba/

Lads, if interested, I posted an article on Christopher Samba for your reading pleasure. If ye like it, I'd appreciate any Faceboo and twitter shares. Need to see if people are reading!

Nice article, I was gonna bring him in anyway as long as I'm 100% convinced he'll play tomorrow but that seals it,

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

TVT9L9T.jpg

i need help, thinking about using my wildcard to change my defense.
    any advice guys ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

NN215 wrote: »

i need help, thinking about using my wildcard to change my defense.
    any advice guys ?

Bassong out, Samba in...

Bassong out, Samba in...

that's it ?
    i'm thinking about replacing gibbs, and cameron as well.
    would hold on to fellaini, giving him last chance againts aston villa to shine,
    or he's out.

that's it ?
    i'm thinking about replacing gibbs, and cameron as well.
    would hold on to fellaini, giving him last chance againts aston villa to shine,
    or he's out.

Yeah sorry, that was my short response - was in a rush! Yes, I'd also get rid of Gibbs and Cameron.

I'd look at a City defender instead of Gibbs, and maybe Davies for Cameron. Or Cuellar maybe.

You might want to take a look at your keepers too, if you are wildcarding? DDG might be worth considering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Samba or Monreal? Have 5.6 so can't afford Enrique (Have Zab, Clyne, Davies, Harte). Leaning towards Samba which gives me 7.7mil for a forward, have Fletcher in at the moment, any better options?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Nice article, I was gonna bring him in anyway as long as I'm 100% convinced he'll play tomorrow but that seals it,

Didn't both Samba and Harry say he's not match fit? He hasn't played in 8 weeks. Debating him myself on my wildcard.

Trying to decide whether to get Samba or not myself. Can't really do a stright swap, so think I'll bank the transfer and see if I can fit him in as part of a double swap next week with half an eye on the DGW.

richieffff wrote: »
    Samba or Monreal? Have 5.6 so can't afford Enrique (Have Zab, Clyne, Davies, Harte). Leaning towards Samba which gives me 7.7mil for a forward, have Fletcher in at the moment, any better options?

I know i cast doubt on Samba starting in my last post. But i think he will start match fit or not. He did leave a training camp after all. So he was training. QPR look more solid at the back than Arsenal lately. But Arsenal do have more goals in them which increases assist potential for Monreal. I'd probably go Samba. He has EPL experience and will be a threat at set pieces.

Yeah sorry, that was my short response - was in a rush! Yes, I'd also get rid of Gibbs and Cameron.

I'd look at a City defender instead of Gibbs, and maybe Davies for Cameron. Or Cuellar maybe.

You might want to take a look at your keepers too, if you are wildcarding? DDG might be worth considering.

haha thanks for your response man.
    i'm not so sure with ddg though .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

I know i cast doubt on Samba starting in my last post. But i think he will start match fit or not. He did leave a training camp after all. So he was training. QPR look more solid at the back than Arsenal lately. But Arsenal do have more goals in them which increases assist potential for Monreal. I'd probably go Samba. He has EPL experience and will be a threat at set pieces.

Cheers for that, Samba it is (+0.5mil in the bank)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Went Begovic>Julio Cesar to free up some funds? I actually think it's a pretty good deal thinking about it. QPR have looked solid recently, whereas you could say the opposite of Stoke. Plus with Samba joining QPR should be even stronger defensively.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Went with Gibbs out, Evra in this week! Hopefully he can keep up his form of late now that i have brought him in!

PP08k3M.jpg

how about this ?
    my first wildcard draft.

Went Begovic>Julio Cesar to free up some funds? I actually think it's a pretty good deal thinking about it. QPR have looked solid recently, whereas you could say the opposite of Stoke. Plus with Samba joining QPR should be even stronger defensively.

Was considering that myself as i wanted to keep a QPR player to replace Nelsen. But i think Samba offers a greater chance of point returns than Cesar. Look at Samba's stats for Blackburn in his last season. 2 goals and 5 assists. And that was in half a season. He was also benched a few games over the Christmas that season when he was labelled a "contract rebel" or whatever. He's a real goal threat. I think he's worth the extra .1. Stoke's fixtures look better too. And Wilson is near a first team return. Could downgrade somebody to Wilson and change Begovic to whatever keeper looks good at the time.

PP08k3M.jpg

how about this ?
    my first wildcard draft.

I like it! but if you were to choose a cheaper option for your 3rd striker (Anichebe, Pog, Le Fondre, Ruiz) you could upgrade Nolan who (besides last week) hasn't done much in a long time!

Also i guess it depends on what formation you play but 3 big defenders seems a bit much to me, 2 would be plenty as there is good value in some of cheaper options which would also free up funds and you could bring in Walcott for Nolan then?

[/IMG]

how about this ?
    my first wildcard draft.

Too much on goalkeepers i think. I know Stoke haven't been great lately but you'll be kicking yourself if they go on another run and you benched Bego because he was away. Offers a potential selection headache.

Also Harte still has Shorey on his heals. I think Pearce is a safer option at the same price. Has assist potential too. Harte would have been a good risk if he had Peno's.

I also don't rate Nolan at all. I think Sissoko for 6.0 could be a good move. Looked good in the last game and is playing in the hole. Taraabt also looks better than Nolan.

You could always downgrade Suarez to Sturridge to free up funds to bolster your midfield. Sturridge is near full fitness and will be getting the full 90 soon enough. Suarez will probably stay on the wing. So he will have to work hard and take every chance to get his points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

If I could fit a 6th midfielder into my team at the moment, it'd probably be Nolan.

CONTROVERSIAL!

I like it! but if you were to choose a cheaper option for your 3rd striker (Anichebe, Pog, Le Fondre, Ruiz) you could upgrade Nolan who (besides last week) hasn't done much in a long time!

Also i guess it depends on what formation you play but 3 big defenders seems a bit much to me, 2 would be plenty as there is good value in some of cheaper options which would also free up funds and you could bring in Walcott for Nolan then?

thanks for your response man.

my 3rd striker will always be lambert.
    if i'm selling any one of my striker, it would be suarez.
    maybe i think about it after the DGW.

yeah, i thought so too about the defenders.
    i always play with 3-4-3 formation,
    and having 2 decent defenders on the bench would be a waste.

• Advertisement

Too much on goalkeepers i think. I know Stoke haven't been great lately but you'll be kicking yourself if they go on another run and you benched Bego because he was away. Offers a potential selection headache.

Also Harte still has Shorey on his heals. I think Pearce is a safer option at the same price. Has assist potential too. Harte would have been a good risk if he had Peno's.

I also don't rate Nolan at all. I think Sissoko for 6.0 could be a good move. Looked good in the last game and is playing in the hole. Taraabt also looks better than Nolan.

You could always downgrade Suarez to Sturridge to free up funds to bolster your midfield. Sturridge is near full fitness and will be getting the full 90 soon enough. Suarez will probably stay on the wing. So he will have to work hard and take every chance to get his points.

Thanks for your response man.

yeah, goalkeepers give me headache right now.
    thinking about swapping jaskelainen to cesar for qpr back up.

I'm not worry about harte though,
    i had shorey before this and
    change it since harte start every game since late dec 2012.

Nolan would be a great differential in my team,
    but of course he's not brilliant week in and week out,
    like bale or walcott. But i like him. lol

Yeah, maybe after the DGW, if suarez didnt perform as much,
    i will ship him out for some funds.

thanks for your response man.

my 3rd striker will always be lambert.
    if i'm selling any one of my striker, it would be suarez.
    maybe i think about it after the DGW.

yeah, i thought so too about the defenders.
    i always play with 3-4-3 formation,
    and having 2 decent defenders on the bench would be a waste.

No problem man, for me Suarez and RVP are the only essential strikers!

And yeah as far as defenders go 2 big hitters is plenty, use the cash to strengthen elsewhere!

And sorry for possibly coming across as being smart but Nolan can no longer really be classed as a decent option for a differential! Before last week he hadn't scored higher then 2 points in 12 games!! Terrible stats FF wise! Had a great start to the season but he has lost that form big time! Solid player though!

No problem man, for me Suarez and RVP are the only essential strikers!

And yeah as far as defenders go 2 big hitters is plenty, use the cash to strengthen elsewhere!

yeah, suarez and rvp is a must.
    but with sturridge and rooney giving the run for their throne.

who do u think i should ship out ?
    azpi, enrique, or clichy ?

yeah, suarez and rvp is a must.
    but with sturridge and rooney giving the run for their throne.

who do u think i should ship out ?
    azpi, enrique, or clichy ?

Enrique, but if you already have him in your team maybe hang on to him till after the double GW so maybe take out Azpil for now and then do a straight swap after the DGW?

Thanks for your response man.

yeah, goalkeepers give me headache right now.
    thinking about swapping jaskelainen to cesar for qpr back up.

I'm not worry about harte though,
    i had shorey before this and
    change it since harte start every game since late dec 2012.

Nolan would be a great differential in my team,
    but of course he's not brilliant week in and week out,
    like bale or walcott. But i like him. lol

Yeah, maybe after the DGW, if suarez didnt perform as much,
    i will ship him out for some funds.

Bale is hit and miss but has that explosive capability to really do damage. Walcott has been nothing but reliable. A goal or assist in 7 out of 8 games since he cemented his place. Only week he done nothing was against City.

West Ham look a championship side now. While Nolan might be a differential one week. I doubt his points including preceding weeks will be more than what the likes of Walcott or Bale have.

Enrique, but if you already have him in your team maybe hang on to him till after the double GW so maybe take out Azpil for now and then do a straight swap after the DGW?

yeah, maybe i need some time to think. lol
    appreciate for the suggestion and comment though !

• Advertisement

Bale is hit and miss but has that explosive capability to really do damage. Walcott has been nothing but reliable. A goal or assist in 7 out of 8 games since he cemented his place. Only week he done nothing was against City.

West Ham look a championship side now. While Nolan might be a differential one week. I doubt his points including preceding weeks will be more than what the likes of Walcott or Bale have.

yeah .
    i'm giving fellaini 1 more week vs aston villa to prove himself,
    or he's out .
    and for nolan, maybe i would find a way to make fund,
    and bought walcott in .

thanks for your comment though !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Wildcard played yesterday new team:

Begovic

Zabelata. Clyne. Fabio Ivanovic.

Mata. Michu. Walcott

Fletcher. Van persie(c). Giroud

Any opinions?

Have 0.5million in bank cant decide on ivanovic or baines? And walcott or bale?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

so is like, giroud just starting every game now as striker? walcott left to feather his wings?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Brought in samba, could be a potential bargain at 5mil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

jolim24601 wrote: »
    so is like, giroud just starting every game now as striker? walcott left to feather his wings?

ya id say for now he will start every game with walcott coming in behind him but wenger could change that anytime but in my opinion walcott is most effective not comletely out on the right but kind of a central right position behind giroud

• Advertisement

Brought in Clichy (for long term) and Samba for Gibbs and Cameron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Anyone heard anymore about Mata? He was an injury doubt Wednesday but seems okay now on FF.

Anyone heard anymore about Mata? He was an injury doubt Wednesday but seems okay now on FF.

He's fit to play.

Lemlin wrote: »
    He's fit to play.

Where'd you find that out? Great news if its true!

Where'd you find that out? Great news if its true!

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2013/02/01/the-weekend-team-news-83/

FF Scout:

"Contrary to earlier reports on twitter, Juan Mata is fit and available for Chelsea’s trip to Newcastle. Petr Cech returns from a brief calf problem, though the Blues are still without David Luiz due to an ankle injury."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

I always find it hard to do,but i'm gonna save my transfer this week I think. Anyone know is nastasic fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Have I not read in some places that Samba is unfit and wont play for a couple of weeks?

Anyways, would really appreciate some advice on my team. I'm having my worst season ever, no luck at all and selling players who seem to hit form as soon as I dump them.

6SE5qiF.png

I have 2 transfers. Help urgently needed.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Have I not read in some places that Samba is unfit and wont play for a couple of weeks?

Anyways, would really appreciate some advice on my team. I'm having my worst season ever, no luck at all and selling players who seem to hit form as soon as I dump them.

6SE5qiF.png

Tevez out for Giroud. Gibbs out for Zabaleta. Then get rid of Ba next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Took a 4 point hit to get Zabaleta in for Cameron. Not confident of City keeping a clean sheet but was being forced into doubling up on Reading defenders otherwise. Also have my next few transfers planned so wouldn't have had another chance to get in a City defender.

Samba will be one to look out for but it will be difficult for him to hit the ground running at QPR. Will wait a few games before looking at him, my back three of Evra, Zab and Davies look solid enough as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

keano_afc wrote: »

6SE5qiF.png

Tevez,ba and gibbs have to go. Nastasic or clichy are good options to replace gibbs. I think the best combination with funds for 2 strikers would be suarez and fletcher if you can afford him. If you cant afford fletcher maybe look at benteke,remy or lambert. A lot of people are moving away from suarez recently but i see him as my third most importamt player after rvp and mata.

I'd leave ba in this week,he should start. So maybe gibbs and tevez replaced by nastasic and cheaper striker this week. And then suarez for ba next week. You'll have suarez for the dgw too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement