Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dana White trinity college

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Nick the tooth walking round Grafton.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Doubs

Xlami wrote: »
    Nick the tooth walking round Grafton.

He's looking fairly steamed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ray Mond

cowzerp wrote: »

they'll fill the stadium either way so don't see why this would make a difference, Oh and let's not forget about Norman
    Was he not carrying a British flag a while ago ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Ray Mond wrote: »

So? He's British isn't he?

Nothern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom. He is therefore Irish & British.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

popcorn_yes.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Ray Mond wrote: »

That makes no difference at all. He's still from this island. If the UFC were to have another event here, he'd almost certainly be on the card a he'd be a big draw an sell a lot of tickets. Not that they'd need him to sell tickets.

I hope they book Norman Parke to fight Rory McIlloy in The O2.

20100108063328!Exploding-head.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

MrStuffins wrote: »

Eddie Irvine would come in and clothes line both of them, climb the ladder to grab the strap only to get pulled from the top step, belt in hand, by Liam Neeson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Eddie Irvine would come in and clothes line both of them, climb the ladder to grab the strap only to get pulled from the top step, belt in hand, by Liam Neeson.

And as he's walking off, Liam would be choked out by the only true Irish Man ever to fight MMA, Marcus Davis

• Advertisement

My dream would be if all of those guys got together to beat the sh*t out of Snow Patrol!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭wow exuberant

Apparently Dana announced Bigfoot/Cain 2 and JDS/Overeem for UFC 160

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

MrStuffins wrote: »

Winner gets UK citizenship, on behalf of the UK press. Loser is shunned as an Irishman, again, on behalf of the UK press.

http://www.bjpenn.com/dana-white-receives-honorary-award-in-dublin-suffers-menieres-attack-at-ceremony/
    danawhite suffered a bad attack during the Trinity award ceremony, thx for support & understanding, we’ll be back soon, luv u guys
    — Nick the Tooth (@nickthetooth) February 12, 2013
    UFC president Dana White is in Dublin, Ireland this week to receive an honorary award from Trinity College. Yesterday, Dana he arrived in Dublin with sidekick Nick the Tooth, and spent the evening hanging out with Irish fans at the local Temple Bar.

Today, he attended a ceremony at Trinity College to accept an honorary award, where he delivered an acceptance speech to the crowd. While the ceremony was taking place, Dana suffered a bad bout of Meniere’s Disease. He has been battling with this disease for some time now, and recently underwent surgery to help repair it. As you can see in the twitter post above, Dana seems to be okay, and Nick the Tooth tells his followers they will “be back soon”.

In case you aren’t familiar with Meniere’s Disease, it is an inner ear disorder that affects balance and hearing. Severe dizziness and vertigo are common symptoms, and they can be intensified after air travel (high altitude). There is no known cure for the disease, but it can be treated with medication, surgery, and lifestyle changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 DanielC95

Both Dana and Nick were very friendly and took pictures and Nick talked to my brother from my phone! stand up guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

The tweet says "bad attack".

For a second there I thought he was jumped by a load of Trinity students and beaten to a pulp with dictionaries and chequebooks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Was real scary seeing him leave and having to be assisted when he was leaving. Compared to how he walked in !

That's ****ty for Dana, hope he recovers.

As for the tweet, strong sense of Deja Vu....We'll be back soon, Luv you guys :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

second question was when you coming back etc. He said that's TV deal over here is biggest problem I questioned Gary Cooke on the matter during Q+A says deal with Sky unlikely as ANOTHER provider has come in to negotiations and they're most likely!

SDTimeout wrote: »
    second question was when you coming back etc. He said that's TV deal over here is biggest problem I questioned Gary Cooke on the matter during Q+A says deal with Sky unlikely as ANOTHER provider has come in to negotiations and they're most likely!

I've said all along it was due to TV deals.

When Setanta had it it was part of the contract that Zuffa supply 5 events per year from the GMT/CET timezone. Setanta goes tits up, so does the European cards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

He is faking it. He regretted telling everyone he would buy them a gargle and is trying to get out of it.

• Advertisement

SDTimeout wrote: »

I wouldn't be surprised if it was BT, who are taking over ESPN's Premier League rights at the start of next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 DanielC95

Who could the other company be in your opinion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

DanielC95 wrote: »
    Who could the other company be in your opinion?

I think Stuffins is right on this one, I can't see anyone else being able to put it on as big a platform as BT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

I think Stuffins is right on this one, I can't see anyone else being able to put it on as big a platform as BT.
    Do BT have a channel do we get it here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Niall0 wrote: »
    Do BT have a channel do we get it here?

I believe its starting up they bought some of the premier league rights last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Carvin

El Guapo! wrote: »
    The tweet says "bad attack".

For a second there I thought he was jumped by a load of Trinity students and beaten to a pulp with dictionaries and chequebooks.

Oh my! How very dare you sir! I'll have you know I can swing a dictionary pretty ****ing hard. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Carvin

Summary:

Cathal Pendred was pushed.
    He doesn't know too much about Conor, Joe Silva is in charge of all that.
    TV deal is the main problem preventing Irish card.
    Cyborg is scared.
    Some legend asked if, to make up for the lack of an Irish card, could he put the belt on Barao this weekend. Dana said "Done." Interesting to see if he follows through.
    Bigfoot vs Cain/Reem vs JDS is confirmed and how the Irish need to learn not to tweet about secrets he tells when drinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Only bit I can find ...

Anyone got anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

We were going to film it but were not allowed

I voice recorded Andrew McGahon's questions, altho its a little hard to hear Gary Cook and Dana's responses

• Advertisement

SevereMMA wrote: »
    We were going to film it but were not allowed

I voice recorded Andrew McGahon's questions, altho its a little hard to hear Gary Cook and Dana's responses

What a dickhead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Official vlog for UFC on FUEL TV 7 with footage from the Templebar and Trinity. (First 5 mins)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Haha Nick the tooth handing out the tickets:D

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Nick The Tooth talks about his trip to Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Why don't sky want the UFC, is it because of their Boxing deals?

I wouldn't say they don't want it, but i would say that their valuation of the contract is far below Zuffa's expectations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Sky don't show as much boxing as people seem to think. The days of them showing loads of American fights are long over. They show the odd one that doesn't involve a British fighter.

I don't think the boxing contract with matchroom has anything to do with it either.

Scud is right in the difference evaluations and to be honest. Its hard not to agree with Sky. I personally think when Setanta went bust the rights were worth more because you had Lesnar fighting regularly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭p to the e

SevereMMA wrote: »

Nick The Tooth talks about his trip to Dublin

I need to know, how did this guy become famous all of a sudden? Is it just from the Vlogs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

p to the e wrote: »
    I need to know, how did this guy become famous all of a sudden? Is it just from the Vlogs?

From what I can gather, yep. They need to add a :D emoticon, but have one of the teeth missing haha!

Advertisement