Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiring through Job Bridge?

Options
  • 29-01-2013 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm looking into the Job Bridge scheme and was thinking about hiring a full time employee through it - I can't afford a full time employee currently and am fairly certain that at the end of the scheme I could take on that person full or part time (as long as they are good) as well as provide them with good experience during it.

What I was wondering though is:

Has anyone successfully taken anyone on from it and if so did you find it good?
    What was the quality of applicants?
    I can't seem to find information on this - do you as the employer pay the additional 50 euros per week or does the government?
    Anything else to be look out for?

Thanks for any input you can provide :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dutchie

I've had mixed results with Job Bridge.
    I advertised 2 separate positions 6 months apart.

The amount of no shows to interviews was unbelievable. We eventually placed a guy in the role, all necessary training was provided and he was sent on relevant external technical courses.
    At the end of 6 months we took him on full-time. He has turned out to be excellent- conscientious, hard working, willing to learn and dependable.

As a result he now has responsibility for a certain section of the business and earns commission.

On the flip side I took on another intern in a different role- he is unreliable, lazy, poor attention to detail and needs constant supervision.

The government pay any additional benefit.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Have you thought about what type of training the intern would get and what benefit to them would it be to take up an internship with you?

Also what requirements would need the intern to have e.g. a degree, ability use CAD programs etc?

There is alot of info on the JobBridge website for both interns and host organisations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

There was a heated discussion on this topic about two months ago from both sides, companies and prospective interns on this forum. If you search JobBridge in the box above (this forum) you will get a wide perspective of opinion.

cheers

Peter

Advertisement