Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good restaurants for lunch in the Castleknock area.

Options
  • 29-01-2013 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭

Looking to take a friend out for lunch next Wednesday to celebrate her new job. Would like some where really, really nice in the Castleknock area. Any ideas? Can go a bit further afield if need be, as long as its special. Don't want to do the typical pubs near the Phoenix Park such as Myo's or The Half Way House etc etc.

Would ideally like some where scenic maybe, with a view, where we can linger as when we get together we tend to spend hours nattering. What about Castleknock Golf Club? Do they have a decent restaurant, and how would it be mid week? What about Blanchardsdown or Lexlip or Lucan? Other than pubs, I don't really know much about dining out in that part of the metropolis. Ta ! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Maybe try the Anglers Rest on Strawberry beds if you want scenery/nice surroundings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Gaspode wrote: »
    Maybe try the Anglers Rest on Strawberry beds if you want scenery/nice surroundings.

Excellent shout!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Anglers is a good call for during the week. Dunboyne Castle is nice too only 15 mins from Castleknock.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭MiamiMice

Castleknock Golf Club is quite nice too...

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭annfield1978

luttrelstown Golf course on a sunday?

Does Castleknock Golf Club have a restaurant or is it members only?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Thanks for the suggestions.

Anglers Rest does have a nice, scenic location all right, but the lady in question goes there with her hubby for a drink fairly often, so I was hoping for somewhere a bit more special occassiony if that makes sense, in a proper sit down restaurant. Does Dunboyne Castle have that at lunch time? I checked the Castleknock Golf Clubs website, and I think that the only thing on offer there at lunch time is sambos and snacks and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Cantonesque

Lyons of Newcastle is fairly swanky. Open for lunch Fri - Sun.

http://www.villageatlyons.com/dining/lunch_menu

Only 10 minutes from Lucan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

ProudDUB wrote: »

Anglers Rest does have a nice, scenic location all right, but the lady in question goes there with her hubby for a drink fairly often, so I was hoping for somewhere a bit more special occassiony if that makes sense, in a proper sit down restaurant. Does Dunboyne Castle have that at lunch time? I checked the Castleknock Golf Clubs website, and I think that the only thing on offer there at lunch time is sambos and snacks and the like.

You're probably better off just heading into town so PD, or maybe seven in Stonebatter.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 willfer

ProudDUB wrote: »

I checked the Castleknock Golf Clubs website, and I think that the only thing on offer there at lunch time is sambos and snacks and the like.

Check out the hotel's website, they have carvery and bar food at lunch time during the week :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 willfer

The Twelfth Lock is nice also op, but they just have bar food, not entirely sure if that's what you're after. But it is a nice location alongside the canal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I'm really loving The Gallery upstairs in Bradys at the moment - proper 'restaurant' food

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

amtc wrote: »
    I'm really loving The Gallery upstairs in Bradys at the moment - proper 'restaurant' food

Love The Gallery too!! A nice upmarket restaurant....

Advertisement