Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groupon - Premises Temporarily Closed - Refund?

Options
  • 29-01-2013 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

I had booked a break through Groupon for this weekend but the hotel is now temporarily closed until end of Feb. This weekend is the only weekend that suits us to go away so rescheduling isn't an option.

Does anyone have any experience of this scenario? Have mailed Groupon but haven't got a response, hotel not answering phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You can also try calling them on 01 903 6337 (lines are open Mon - Fri 9am - 6pm).

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

ozypozy wrote: »
    I had booked a break through Groupon for this weekend but the hotel is now temporarily closed until end of Feb. This weekend is the only weekend that suits us to go away so rescheduling isn't an option.

Does anyone have any experience of this scenario? Have mailed Groupon but haven't got a response, hotel not answering phone.

what was the hotel if you don't mind me asking. it might help others with the same voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭ozypozy

Just to update, the hotel was the Fitzwilton Hotel in Waterford. Groupon emailed everyone with an outstanding deal this morning offering an extension on the time to redeem or a full refund.

Will update once refund is processed, I didn't get a response when I asked how long it would take.

The hotel left me a voice message this afternoon but only to say they were cancelling, no offer of a transfer to another hotel. Maybe if people have booked directly with the hotel they'll be transferred. I didn't ring them back.

Advertisement