Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vehicle Database

Options
  • 29-01-2013 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Does anyone know where I can get a database of Irish Cars with their registration number, chassis , make ,model and colour. I know I can buy the information reg by reg from Motorcheck but they must get a feed from the revenue in Shannon but when I call them nobody knew anything about it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

data protection act will prevent free info being issued...if chassis numbers were handed out then "bad peoples" use that info to cut clone keys......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

cplwhisper wrote: »
    data protection act will prevent free info being issued...if chassis numbers were handed out then "bad peoples" use that info to cut clone keys......

We use a web tool called tecdoc for selling parts for cars, I can get the VIN number for any Irish registered car. Date of first reg, some versions will give the colour as well. OP web serach Tecdoc, based in the UK. They will tell you the cost etc. The site is usually for companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Charlie Tooth

Thanks Mondeo Man!:)

Advertisement