Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veterinary Medicine Require HPAT?

Options
  • 29-01-2013 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi, I noticed that the CAO points quoted go up to 625 https://myucd.ucd.ie/program.do?programID=52 does this mean that the HPAT is required as in human Medicine? Or is there some other sort of assessment?

Thanks a lot for any replies! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Max points including HL maths bonus points is 625. There would be a fair few with max points entering veterinary each year.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭edgal

The minimum requirement was 580 points and the maximum achieved by entrants were 625, no HPAT, just really high points.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 EzB

There is no hpat into veterinary yet. Im a vet student and I didnt have to sit one. 625 is the max leaving cert with higher level maths and there are a fair few people who get that but dont be discouraged I have friends who got around 500/520 for veterinary and got in via the HEAR/DARE scheme and do just as well!

Advertisement