Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vivid dreams because of quitting weed?

Options
  • 29-01-2013 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

About a month ago I stopped smoking weed regularly. I still smoke the very odd time (twice since quitting) but nowhere near the amount I used to.
    Since the first week of quitting I've been having very vivid and strange dreams. My dreams are always fairly vivid and strange, but these are quite particular.
    I can remember most of them weeks after I dreamt them. I know this because I've been writing down keywords with dates.
    I also noticed that I remember my dream every morning, whereas I used to only remember them the odd time.
    When I'm dreaming them I also feel in control of the dream, as if I am actually writing the script. If I wake up during the night (to go to the toilet or something) and go back to sleep I go straight back into the same dream.

I was wondering if any of you have similar experiences and how/if it can be scientifically explained?
    Is there a way for me to have some fun with this (as in completely controlling my dream state)? I have heard about lucid dreaming but I'm not sure if that's what this is ...?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

You're all a bunch of goody two shoes so ? :p

Sorry to bump the thread, but I'd really like to hear some experiences and comments...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Yep this is normal (ie reported by everyone). Will last a few days/weeks if you stay off the smoke. Probably something to do with brain chemistry equilibrium adjusting.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 57 ✭✭denver62002

srsly78 wrote: »
    Yep this is normal (ie reported by everyone). Will last a few days/weeks if you stay off the smoke. Probably something to do with brain chemistry equilibrium adjusting.

Probably if you are using weed as a drug opposed to using it as a form of meditation as in India you might feel the effects later.

Same as nicotine in cigarettes - Weed contains THC and CBC, CBT etc. The more you smoke the more it activates the brain. When you suddenly cut the supply that it used to get, the brain goes Berserk due to the lack of the cannabinoids which leads to the mood swings, dreaming and the rest blah blah blah. Hallucinations / dreams are partly controlled by our brain and so it gives us that feeling for a while.

Non regular smokers don't feel this dreams etc because they get high when they smoke it and the trip just goes down in a couple of hours.

Regular smokers don't get high after a while. They just smoke to make their trip last longer because the blood already contains THC and cannabinoids from daily smoking.

Hope it helps and makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dolphinius

As your man said, it is brain chemistry.
    THC & Nicotine make bonds with your seratonin levels - ish.
    And as you piss them away, new tendrils form.
    Enjoy them.
    They are new/old memories coming back to you.
    Then the subconscious makes stories to tell you.
    You will overflow for a while and then they will come back to you.
    Different story, different tale.
    New brain cells forming - good stuff.

• Advertisement

Regular smokers don't get high after a while.

Well I can safely say this is wrong :P Higher tolerance yes, but immune to effects: no.

It stays in your system for weeks, but that doesn't mean you are high all the time!

Thanks lads, that does explain a lot. wasn't worried or anything, just curious as to what caused it. had one spliff there last week, hadn't felt that kinda high since I started smoking. so that just confirms your theories. I feel generally better though, not smoking, my brain seems to be a lot more active, and not just when I'm sleeping

Well I can safely say this is wrong :P Higher tolerance yes, but immune to effects: no.

It stays in your system for weeks, but that doesn't mean you are high all the time!

No im not saying its immune - what I meant is you dont get the same feeling as a non regular smoker. I dont know how to explain it. :p

Higher tolerance is what you mean.

Higher tolerance is what you mean.

yeah.. ! !

• Advertisement
Advertisement