Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone call in progress even after hanging up?

Options
  • 29-01-2013 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, weird problem
    Landline call is stuck in progress even after disconnecting the call (or pressing call end button), restarting the phone, internet, disconnecting the DECT box, nothing helps.
    When I dial in I just get the answering machine service, we even rang the last people we were connected to and they were able to answer with the phones they had dialled us with.
    We can't dial in or out it seems, with Vodafone.

I have a dual landline & Skype phone, Skype calls work fine it's the landline part that's not working, like it's stuck.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Sounds like the call was not ended on your side by the dect phone. Plug out the dect from the phone line and plug in a corded phone. Pick it up and hang up, then plug back the dect phone.

It should disconnect really anyway but some phones are not setup right.

If Irelands not there try UK and France.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Tried that just now, didn't work either, lifted up the receiver, still sounds like it's on a call with no one on the other end, hung up, held down the disconnect button, and still on the call... I dunno!

Setting on the phone is Ireland, hasn't changed.

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Tried that just now, didn't work either, lifted up the receiver, still sounds like it's on a call with no one on the other end, hung up, held down the disconnect button, and still on the call... I dunno!

Setting on the phone is Ireland, hasn't changed.

With a 'corded' phone?

Could be a fault on the line.

Yeah corded, have the old one still.
    But we have the DSL on the same phone line so could it still be a fault?

Update, Vodafone fixed it, had to disconnect the phone then they did something on their end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

Vodafone were doing updates/upgrades to their equipment yesterday

Glad to hear you got sorted:)

Advertisement