Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French+Irish Oral Exam Tips..

• 29-01-2013 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, I was just wondering what the examiner looks for in the oral exams???
    Do they want to hear in depth conversations about the state of the economy etc... or do they just want to have a normal conversation? After you've finished discussing your family, area...etc can they ask you ANYTHING???

personal experiences from the oral exam would be helpful :)
    I just want a few tips!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

It is literally just your ordinary conversation - as if the examiner is trying to get to know you. They won't be reeling off set questions in a particular order. If they hear you talking about let's say "cycling" as one of your hobbies, they might ask you more about it, or they might ask you 'What do you think about drug-use in cycling?' So you could pretty much control the conversation by not mentioning subjects that could lead to really complicated topics. Just talk in a simple manner, as if you were talking to the examiner and English and focus it on things you can talk about forever and you should be just fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 TheUshMan

ok, thanks for the advice. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

I was actually really surprised how little they asked , everyone was expecting difficult topics , economy,polities, third world but she even said to our group before starting the orals that she is only asking simple questions -like a conversation , i was always told you direct the conversation! its up to you , i didn't believe it but it is actually true, if you want to keep it simple you can but if you want the A you are going to have to direct it to harder topics yourself by including harder vocab or example, moving from school to what you want to do in the future or education system.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 TheUshMan

yeah that's what i'm expecting... fingers crossed though that its just a simple conversation. I am hoping for a high grade in this subject so i'll have to learn the more difficult vocab, sure it will be beneficial for the written paper too...

Advertisement