Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USIT 2013 Work In Canada Programme

Options
  • 29-01-2013 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone can help me. Im looking to move to Canada and the USIT programme looks good to me. What i'd like to know is when they say they offer assistance in aquiring a visa, does this mean its included in the price? Or if its not does anyone know how much these cost?

Thanks in advance everyone!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone can help me. Im looking to move to Canada and the USIT programme looks good to me. What i'd like to know is when they say they offer assistance in aquiring a visa, does this mean its included in the price? Or if its not does anyone know how much these cost?

Thanks in advance everyone!:)

you can more or less do it yourself like most people on here but make sure all your details are in order, heres the link

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/application_guide-guide_demande.aspx?view=d

• Registered Users Posts: 25 andrewosdit

Thanks very much for the quick reply pal!

Have you done this yourself? Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Thanks very much for the quick reply pal!

Have you done this yourself? Any advice?

done the first step the iec kompass part, make sure all your dates match up as on your cv and follow their instructions and specifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sparrow_Hawk

Definitely no need to be paying USIT or anyone else. They give u E100 back towards your flights,this is only a way of making you think you are getting “value” for money. You may be paying through the nose for yourflights, so you are much better off applying yourself. Besides, it seems those visas will all begobbled up soon enough

I seen that and i thought it was quite weird, probably charge loads for the flights through a company they work with. I found a flight for october for 270 euro...cant get cheaper than that. Hopefully the application is straight forward enough though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

That's savage value for a flight. Where's it into? Any stopovers etc?

One stopover , dublin to london/london to toronto...pretty sweet...

One more question guys...well two if you could help me?

I got a message saying to pay the 120 euro for the programme for the IEC. My question is is this the only fee you pay? or do you then have to pay x amount for the visa?? Also has anyone dealt with it before. I dont really know but the website seems dodgey to me for some reason?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

One stopover , dublin to london/london to toronto...pretty sweet...

One more question guys...well two if you could help me?

I got a message saying to pay the 120 euro for the programme for the IEC. My question is is this the only fee you pay? or do you then have to pay x amount for the visa?? Also has anyone dealt with it before. I dont really know but the website seems dodgey to me for some reason?

Thanks

I actually haven't a clue mate. I'd hope that this is the only payment necessary, but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if it wasn't yaknow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

hdowney wrote: »
    I actually haven't a clue mate. I'd hope that this is the only payment necessary, but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if it wasn't yaknow.

Unless things have changed from last year then this is all you'll pay and if you're unfortunate enough to be denied a visa at the next stage then this money will be refunded to you.

All I paid last year was 105 euro (price has obviously gone up this year!).

The woman I spoke to in USIT before I applied actually advised me herself to just apply myself because that way you only get charged if you actually get the visa whereas USIT keep your money whatever happens, and they cost way more!

Thanks for the advice pal!

Is the site legit yeah or am i just being paranoid?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice pal!

Is the site legit yeah or am i just being paranoid?

Are you talking about the IEC website? It's 100% legit as it's the only site you can go through to get your visa. Even if you went through USIT or some other company they'll simply be applying through the IEC website on your behalf.

Thanks for the confidence mate :)

Where did you go yourself in canada?

Thanks for the confidence mate :)

Where did you go yourself in canada?

I haven't actually gone yet. I wasn't granted a visa last year until June so I still have another 5 months to activate it. I'll be flying into Toronto as an old roommate from previous travels lives there, and then I'll just be playing it be ear!

Sounds good! Let me know when you get there if its good ;)

Advertisement