Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help, How Do I Transfer Photos from iPhone to a new iMac??

• 29-01-2013 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Folks, Does anyone know how to do this? When i plug in the iphone it asks me to synch to iphoto on my new iMac which contains no photos. How do I get the photos from the iphone back onto the iMac? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

just plug the phone in, a usb like drive will appear in finder which will have all you photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I don't own an iPhone but I think the following should work :

Plug in the Iphone and start Iphoto on your Mac.

In the left hand column under devices you should see your Iphone.

Click on this then you will see all the photos on your Iphone.

Click on the photos you want to transfer and Voila there you go.

Ken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Or Don't connect iPhone and just use photo stream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

a) Email them to yourself

b) Get one of the following Apps: Scotty; Photo Transfer App.
    Both of these Apps make it a doddle to t/f photos from your Camera Roll. Photo Transfer App is particularly elegant, with a desktop app to make it even easier, and they both do videos as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

I recently got a new mac too and here's is what happens:
    1) connect your iPhone to the mac via the usb cable
    2) When syncing with iPhoto it will copy all your iPhone photos to your mac

easy peasy lemon squeezy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭kaisersoze

Or install the app google drive and back them up!

Similar to icloud backup

https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/google-drive/id507874739?mt=8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

1. plug phone in with your usb rope
    2. use image capture (in your applications folder)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭reelkidmusic

You can simply use iPhoto so sync the photos from phone onto the mac. If the iphone is locked with password, it won't allow you to sync so you have to unlock the phone first. I think this is what you are asking.

If you want to access your photos afterwards outside of Photos, you just go into your finder and you will see photos on the left hand column toward the bottom along with movies and music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Or if you don't want to use the simple solution that is USB/iPhoto, you can go into Applications and use the bundled Image Capture app and quickly transfer all your photos to the folder of your choice.

Advertisement