Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My 7 month old puppy has been sick

• 30-01-2013 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

:( he's very quite .usually very hyper...whining abit.hes beside me now.looking misserable.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Keep a close eye on him, monitor how much he drinks, whether he eats anything, keep a close eye on his pooping and peeing, how often he pukes, and what it looks like. Your vet will need to know all this.
    Be prepared for a vet visit if he hasn't perked up by the morning, or sooner if he goes downhill further.
    Sick dog-momma sleepless night ahead OP!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭foreversky

Just brought him out he peed.thought he pood.sounded like it.but nothing there.drank some water.puked up his dinner saw it in penn. he usually sleeps in a kennel nite.got neutered a week today.its scarey he so quite it's freaking me out

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

foreversky wrote: »
    Just brought him out he peed.thought he pood.sounded like it.but nothing there.drank some water.puked up his dinner saw it in penn. he usually sleeps in a kennel nite.got neutered a week today.its scarey he so quite it's freaking me out

Could he stay in tonight? If he sounded like he pooped, but didn't, I'm taking it he's got wind! That can be pretty uncomfortable. The fact that he's both gassy and pukey would have me on alert with a view to going to the vet tomorrow.

DBB wrote: »
    Could he stay in tonight? If he sounded like he pooped, but didn't, I'm taking it he's got wind! That can be pretty uncomfortable. The fact that he's both gassy and pukey would have me on alert with a view to going to the vet tomorrow.

He's staying in.i cudt put him in penn ,such a sad face.asleep next to my feet now.its gonna be a long nite.he was fine 5.30 when I fed him ,playing. The minute I brought him in .knew something was wrong.

So kept him in.ate some nuts.didt give full amount in case he vomits it up.drank some water.a little playfull.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

But have you called the vet?

Don't give him any more nuts if he has a dodgy tum. Give him a little boiled chicken or fish with some rice until his tums settle.

Has the dog been wormed lately?

Have appointment later.wormed at 6 mths

That's good. Let us know how the little guy is! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Let us know how he is!

Just bk. he has a gastro bug.high temp.he got two injections and got some tablets for a couple of days.lying down in sitting room now.weird seeing him so quite. Bk in Friday

• Advertisement

Aw, poor little man. Gastro is very common with pups. Jabs are bound to make him a bit groggy. Coupled with the shock of going to the vet, I would feel bad after!!

At least he'll be on the road to recovery, very soon. Give him fish or chicken and white rice like I said, and he'll soon be as right as the No. 9 bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

foreversky wrote: »
    Just bk. he has a gastro bug.high temp.he got two injections and got some tablets for a couple of days.lying down in sitting room now.weird seeing him so quite. Bk in Friday

Snap! My dog was at the vets yest for the exact same thing. Injections took the fever right down, he's still sleepy today but much more himself when awake, even wants me to play ball with him. It's horrible seeing them sick but he'll come around fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

wonder if this is going? my dog has something similiar since last nite. im keeping eye on her just letting have water at the min. she seems a bit brighter but will bring her to vets if she dont improve

There was a lady at vets and her dog was getting sick to.somethings going around.he seems be more playful after an hr nap.drinking water.

heres a couple of pics.normally doest sleep in front of fire,likes the tiles instead:D

Aw, she's lovely! :)

Aw, she's lovely! :)

he:)

He's bk to himself now.cheeky as ever:D

Advertisement