Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

anyone still play cod4 online?

• 30-01-2013 12:15am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

looking to pick this up again tomorrow , my favourite cod and want to go back to it for abit of pick up and fun

but ive heard theirs to many hacked games and its basicly inactive and unplayable
    can any confirm if this is true or is it the opposite?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

havent for a few months but last time I did every other lobby was hacked, you sometimes get good games but there's lots of sed up running/infinite jumping hacks and stuff like ground war games on Shipment (tiny map, but that's hilarious so I dont mind that one :pac: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I went back playing COD4 a few months back with another one of de lads and it was great craic, there was the odd hacked lobby and nearly every other game had mostly snipers playing but I still enjoyed it far more than any of the other recent call of duty games!
    Have to say there was some great maps in that game and the kill streaks were far better, no crazy s**t!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Do people still play on ps3? I'm really bored of mw3 and want to go back to cod4.

Do people still play on ps3? I'm really bored of mw3 and want to go back to cod4.

I have both cod4 and mw2, might hop on cod4 tonight actually see if theres games to be had

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

krudler wrote: »
    I have both cod4 and mw2, might hop on cod4 tonight actually see if theres games to be had

let me know if their is mate cause im gonna be picking it up either tonight or in the morning :P

• Advertisement

Can you let us know how you get on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭wilford

Being playing cod4 all night no hacked lobbies so far,loving it!!!

Cool, i might go home to get my copy and give it a go this evening.

wilford wrote: »
    Being playing cod4 all night no hacked lobbies so far,loving it!!!

ps3 or sexbox?

On ps3,I got a few games in earlier on aswell no problems,mostly tdm then switched to htdm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Had a few games on XBox earlier, was savage. No hacked lobbies no waiting for a game. Loads of noobs and crap snipers though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Actually thinking of going back to COD4 myself, but this would be PC. I thought MW2/3/BO/BO2 are OK, but COD4 was by far the most simple, straight forward non-complicated of all and the best for it. Played it to death back in the day. If anyone's a COD4 PC gamer, give me a shout, because I do want to get back into it.

I played COD4 last night on PS3 and it was fantastic!

No hacking, didn't have to wait for a game etc. Played FFA and domination, will play this all the time now absolutely loved it. Back to basics - the maps are what really sets it apart IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I played COD4 last night on PS3 and it was fantastic!

No hacking, didn't have to wait for a game etc. Played FFA and domination, will play this all the time now absolutely loved it. Back to basics - the maps are what really sets it apart IMO.

Maps really are great, there were no wtf moments when I was killed in games either which was quite a novel experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Brazzill

Ya a few of us play it on the xbox 360....we switched over from ps3 couple of years ago. That and mw2 maps are the best.

Being playing all week now on ps3,only one hacked lobby and was actually good fun domination mixed with all or nothing,no problem's getting into games biggest annoyance I've had is muppet teamates killing you in hardcore and host ending game when your on a streak.

playing it right now, krudler89 is my psn tag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

played it tonight after seeing this thread. Real old school fun. Playing on xbox : Superdigzi add me and if I see you playing will join. Might try MW2 next week too.

played cod4 a few times today and saw no hacks bar some odd ones where the colour palette of the maps were changed? Strike is usually very orange-y on COD4 but it was like that filter was removed and it looks like it did on MW2, same with Crash. Oh and there was a ground war on Shipmen, but thats just hilarity, absolute mayhem, for any non-cod4 players, Shipment is a tiiiny map, like Rust, and it had 18 people on it playing domination :pac: dont think any players went less than 40 kills

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Had my first 250 kill game playing that last year. RPD with grip, use a dumpster or car as cover and let the lolz begin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Rob32

11having problems with my COD4 loaded it up and it had an update to download, let it do that and now i get the title screen where you should press start but its sayin USE HTML then a yes or no option and no matter what i click it tells me to use the PS button to go back to the main PS3 screen, its the first time i went to play it, its my dads, and he says it worked fine before!! very disappointed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

Got my best ever COD score on it the other day 34 - 4 (Im not a great player). Is the bots on it or just loads of noobs. Was coming in the top two in most games I played.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Played this for a few games last night - it's just full of snipers.

I'm not hugely fussed about that tbh but the sound of hearing the same gun go off about 4,000 times per game is a bit annoying. Along with "enemy UAV inbound" every few seconds.

Played this for a few games last night - it's just full of snipers.

I'm not hugely fussed about that tbh but the sound of hearing the same gun go off about 4,000 times per game is a bit annoying. Along with "enemy UAV inbound" every few seconds.

COD4 isnt perfect, too many frags, uavs every 5 seconds and no counter to them bar that perk you have to trade stoping power for, you should be able to shoot them down. but its still lovely to play, feels nice, guns are solid. THere's plenty of games to be had on it lately too yay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

played cod4 a few times today and saw no hacks bar some odd ones where the colour palette of the maps were changed? Strike is usually very orange-y on COD4 but it was like that filter was removed and it looks like it did on MW2, same with Crash. Oh and there was a ground war on Shipmen, but thats just hilarity, absolute mayhem, for any non-cod4 players, Shipment is a tiiiny map, like Rust, and it had 18 people on it playing domination :pac: dont think any players went less than 40 kills

I used to love that level Shipment, it was just pure mayhem! I used to equip myself with 2 flash bangs and grenades and just fire them everywhere randomly as did most others..lol I spent half my time dazed by flashbangs, it was great craic. If you managed to get a chopper in that level at all, you would clean up!

tony1980 wrote: »
    I used to love that level Shipment, it was just pure mayhem! I used to equip myself with 2 flash bangs and grenades and just fire them everywhere randomly as did most others..lol I spent half my time dazed by flashbangs, it was great craic. If you managed to get a chopper in that level at all, you would clean up!

or an airstrike if you had 2 flags, just batter the other team, often got 5-6 killfeeds doing that, great craic.

Then adapt and use UAV Jammer if there is a Enemy UAV up :confused:, hardly an issue anyway like it was in MW3 and/or BOPS2.

On related note, played a few games of Sabotage and TDM the other night. Great fun despite being handicapped to a constant 2 bar.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Then adapt and use UAV Jammer if there is a Enemy UAV up :confused:, hardly an issue anyway like it was in MW3 and/or BOPS2.

On related note, played a few games of Sabotage and TDM the other night. Great fun despite being handicapped to a constant 2 bar.

Meh I'd rather have stopping power, my connection on cod4 isnt great for some reason, usually 2-3 bars, dont think it does the lobby localisation thing that blops 2 does?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭andymurphy93

think the servers are lacking a good bit on cod4 now
    probably not been looked after anymore so connections wouldnt be great :L

• Advertisement

Meh I'd rather have stopping power, my connection on cod4 isnt great for some reason, usually 2-3 bars, dont think it does the lobby localisation thing that blops 2 does?

Likewise. 90% of the hundreds of hours on COD4 I've ran Stopping Power.

Not sure, I'm in Yank servers far too often. Only reason why I really can't put in more than an hour every so often of COD4.. if even that. Still top score mind you since pretty much all of the players that I come across are terrible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

I played the last night on PS3 and it was giving me host, Great craic on host with the M16 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1 splifon

best cod bi far still play it every once in a while

Will be on tonight if anyone fancies a few COD4/MW2 games on ps3.

Advertisement