Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's going on?

Options
  • 30-01-2013 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Right so off to bed I went last night at around 2.30 knock at the door 2 lads from Byrne gas nearly frightened the be jaysus outta me. Wanted to come into check gas they had Id but who's to say who the hell they were? Said there was a gas leak outside/next door. Yet the people in the house were still in there and so was everyone on the street. So anyways 2 boys came on checked all out said teas grand then the fun began all night there was thumping as if they were breaking the door down, then around 6 the jack saw started and didn't stop untill well into this morn. Am I wrong to be a little wary of this? My bf is cracking up few strange few bits started before this, his bike got robbed outside the house in daylight, Saturday I had a lad at the door selling insurance even though I said no insisted on still asking me questions. ..then Sunday night my bf and his mate were downstairs watching a film and at around 1.30am knock at the door but no one there. This is very strange or am I being a paranoid android? Two other robberies around our way aswel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

weiiiiiiiiiiiiird, rather you than me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

First , you need to ring Byrne gas and check that one out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Would it not be bord gas that would be checking for leaks not Byrne gas? It all sounds very suspicious. I def would ring the gas companies and see if they have anyone in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Motivator

What part of town are you living?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Definitely ring Byrne's Gas. Ask for Pat himself I'd say. If they can't tell you anything about any incidents, ring the Gardaí.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

I'd be on to the guards if I was you, sounds dodgy to me.

I cant believe you let people into your house at 2 in the morning, gas leak my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

sounds very very much dodgy, did they offer any ID or actually check the gas connections?

Also if you could write down a description of what they looked like and if they had a car / van.

Next time when you get a knock to the door ring the garda, as it could be people checking if someone is in.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'd ring Byrne Gas first and depending on how that goes it may be worth contacting the Gardai.
    I wouldn't waste Gardai time without first checking it out with the company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

and they wonder why people play the lottery....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

OP reminds me of this:

ZLTZc.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PremierDeise

I thought I had it bad. Woke up this morning ,walked out the door to find an envelope with my name on it and the message:
    "Have sex with me, Please accept this ham as a downpayment!!! nom nom nom nom"

The worst part of it was there was actually a slice of ham in it. Some seriously disturbed people around :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I thought I had it bad. Woke up this morning ,walked out the door to find an envelope with my name on it and the message:
    "Have sex with me, Please accept this ham as a downpayment!!! nom nom nom nom"

The worst part of it was there was actually a slice of ham in it. Some seriously disturbed people around :rolleyes:
    Was the ham nice? ;)

Was the ham nice? ;)

Absolutely fantastic. It is a recessionary period after all - wasnt leaving that go to waste :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭decies

What's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

who shot lulu:p

hope she's all right

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

If they don't have ID then they can piss off.An employee from Byrne gas would have ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭lulu1985

So rang Byrne gas today and they told me yeah the lads were out on a job suspected gas leak that night but ur man cudnt tell me where they were?! Asked him if it was gas leak why werent we told to get out? Rhey said oh it wasnt serious Went down to the cops to tell them anyway no harm...
    Came home then to hear my boyfriend had been talking to neighbours further down the road and they said that it was a major gas leak. The same lads boiler wasn't working before Xmas when the work was getting done in the house that aparantly had the gas leak in it now that it was fixed his boiler is working again. Hmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Motivator

lulu1985 wrote: »
    So rang Byrne gas today and they told me yeah the lads were out on a job suspected gas leak that night but ur man cudnt tell me where they were?! Asked him if it was gas leak why werent we told to get out? Rhey said oh it wasnt serious Went down to the cops to tell them anyway no harm...
    Came home then to hear my boyfriend had been talking to neighbours further down the road and they said that it was a major gas leak. The same lads boiler wasn't working before Xmas when the work was getting done in the house that aparantly had the gas leak in it now that it was fixed his boiler is working again. Hmmmmm

Any chance you could write that in English?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Motivator wrote: »

Any chance you could write that in English?

10 times I read that, more confused now than when I started.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

lulu1985 wrote: »
    Right so off to bed I went last night at around 2.30 knock at the door 2 lads from Byrne gas nearly frightened the be jaysus outta me. Wanted to come into check gas they had Id but who's to say who the hell they were? Said there was a gas leak outside/next door. Yet the people in the house were still in there and so was everyone on the street. So anyways 2 boys came on checked all out said teas grand then the fun began all night there was thumping as if they were breaking the door down, then around 6 the jack saw started and didn't stop untill well into this morn. Am I wrong to be a little wary of this? My bf is cracking up few strange few bits started before this, his bike got robbed outside the house in daylight, Saturday I had a lad at the door selling insurance even though I said no insisted on still asking me questions. ..then Sunday night my bf and his mate were downstairs watching a film and at around 1.30am knock at the door but no one there. This is very strange or am I being a paranoid android? Two other robberies around our way aswel.

Was the bike robbed before the insurance man called ?

Did the insurance man have a clipboard ?

( just trying to put 2+2 together here )

• Advertisement

Was the bike robbed before the insurance man called ?

Did the insurance man have a clipboard ?

( just trying to put 2+2 together here )

Advertisement