Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler Pressure Dropping

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Wayne_M

Got this fixed at the weekend - new expansion vessel required, €150 all-in. Working perfectly since.

Recommend this guy, John Mcgrath @ http://greystonesplumbing.ie/ - prompt service, reasonable price.

Thanks to all for their feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭drag0n79

Wayne_M wrote: »
    Got this fixed at the weekend - new expansion vessel required, €150 all-in. Working perfectly since.

Recommend this guy, John Mcgrath @ http://greystonesplumbing.ie/ - prompt service, reasonable price.

Thanks to all for their feedback.

Nice one. Glad it wasn't a leak. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Wayne_M

drag0n79 wrote: »
    Nice one. Glad it wasn't a leak. :)

Technically it wasn't a leak, but it was losing water.

Here comes the science bit:

Each time I topped up the water/pressure using the tap in the hotpress I was increasing the amount of water in the system.
    When the heating was on, the water expanded causing the excess to flow out an 'overflow' pipe at the front of the house. Thus when the water cooled, the pressure would drop again due to having lost the 'excess' water. A functioning expansion vessel prevents this from happening.

:)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Wayne_M wrote: »
    Technically it wasn't a leak, but it was losing water.

Here comes the science bit:

Each time I topped up the water/pressure using the tap in the hotpress I was increasing the amount of water in the system.
    When the heating was on, the water expanded causing the excess to flow out an 'overflow' pipe at the front of the house. Thus when the water cooled, the pressure would drop again due to having lost the 'excess' water. A functioning expansion vessel prevents this from happening.

:)

Amazing :rolleyes:

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Gargamello

Carrie81 wrote: »
    We had the same problem in Eden gate & had to get a new expansion vessel fitted. It's a red cylinder put In the hot press as that was the easiest place to fit & have had no problems all winter since it was done.

Can you PM me who you used to fix the problem Carrie81? I have the same problem in Eden Gate. Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement