Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Usit 2013 flights

Options
  • 30-01-2013 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Have been quoted a price of 800 euros for my flights off usit. I have already paid into there visa programme. Have also been checking on websites for flights myself which come up an awful lot cheaper then there price. When you sign with them they say you must get your flights and insurance off them. But would rather get the cheaper flight as i dont have that kind of money to be throwing around for no apparent reason.

What would happen if i did book the flights and insurance elsewhere does anyone know? Also the 800 is including the 100 deposit i paid when signing up an this is a one way ticket as im applying for a 24month visa.

If someone could help me out it would be great as i dont know what to do at the minute...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

i would tell them to f off bud and cut all ties with them it might be cheaper long term tell them your not going. and just apply yourself cant imagine they will ever no.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Yeah just tell them you've decided not to go to Canada for various reasons and you'd like a refund, surely they'll give you one.

Apply yourself and save yourself some $$$ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I stand open to correction, but I am pretty sure I read somewhere that USIT offer no refunds under any circumstances! another reason to steer clear of the scabby baxtards

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MKcin

You do not need to book flights or ins through usit. I unfortunately have gone through them again this year but I regret it already. I went to Canada with them in 2010 and as much as they bully you into thinking you have to book with them, you dont. I insisted I was booking my own flights and ins and they just accepted this when I sent them proof of my booking.

Advertisement