Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeping your dog safe

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I feel bad now. There's no way I'd bring her into a shop as I don't like pets in shops. I'll have to work on something anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Aoifums wrote: »
    I feel bad now. There's no way I'd bring her into a shop as I don't like pets in shops. I'll have to work on something anyway.

Don't take her with you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Aoifums wrote: »

Aw don't feel bad. Just leave her at home and bring her for her walk later. I'd be so worried about leaving my dogs alone outside a shop. People stealing, or trying to rub them if they didn't want it, or accidentally bumping into them etc.

Many dogs are taken from outside a shop. I live in a little town and a few months ago a JRT was stolen from outside a garage. Luckily, it was found unharmed, maybe because of a huge campaign to find it. The thief had been caught on CCTV, but I always assumed it'd be safe enough around here. It wasn't :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Another issue to consider when tying up a dog outside a shop is if it was approached by well meaning kids who wanted to pet it, it got scared and nipped/bit out of fear.

I saw a group of older kids approach a little cav tied up outside a shop who was terrified of them. Their intentions were good, they just wanted to pet her but I could imagine if she had snapped out of fear, you'd have the parents of the kids calling her a vicious dog and asking for her to be put to sleep. I'd never put my dog in a situation where that might happen, nevermind the threat of them being stolen

Advertisement