Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick and hyper dumb question

• 30-01-2013 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I'm really sorry and it's late at night before my english p1 mock and it just dawned on me now ; I don't know how long my short story has to be.

I've prepared one of 1150 words in length, should this be enough?

Thanks again, I understand this thread is really low quality but I can't sleep without knowing the answer lol.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

This is probably too late, I hope you did ok :) The amount you wrote for that essay should be grand, like, they're not going to be counting how many words you wrote. The composition should be about 4 pages, according to teachers at Leeson St., so if it's of any help, that's 1240 words if you average about 10 words per line. Don't worry about it though, it's quality, not quantity! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭En

This is probably too late, I hope you did ok :) The amount you wrote for that essay should be grand, like, they're not going to be counting how many words you wrote. The composition should be about 4 pages, according to teachers at Leeson St., so if it's of any help, that's 1240 words if you average about 10 words per line. Don't worry about it though, it's quality, not quantity! :)

Thanks for the answer! I ended up forgetting the majority of the essay but finished at around the 1100~ mark.

Mods can close this thread now if they please, it serves no purpose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 SarahFinglas

Please do not learn off essays...... Learn how to write an essay. It really is much easier, and you won't forget chunks of it on the day either!

Advertisement