Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist Sydney

Options
  • 30-01-2013 2:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good dentist in Sydney that is reasonably cheap? I need a couple of fillings and am dreading the bill at the end of it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

sorry for the hijack , but whats the normal price in sydney for a teeth clean ???

cheers ..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

I just had 1 recommended to me in randwick (I have a tooth that feels like its trying to saw its way out of my head), going tomorrow so I can let you know what he's like of randwick would suit you?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Rubadubchub

Please do. I have seen on the interwebz that fillings can cost up to $200. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

Paid up to 280 for fillings before!

Try these guys you pay about 40 dollars a year and then you get a discount from their dentists pays for itself if you need over 1 filling....

http://www.smile.com.au/

I use Veronica Roller in Newtown but ask for Dr Ann she is really good i didnt find Veronica great, a clean was 170 i think.

You could also look at medibank they do u to 80% off and if you need a lot of work it can help

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Rubadubchub

$280 :eek: Thats crazy money. Suppose its better to take care of them now before they get any worse!

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

It was a pretty big filling at the back, they will charge by sides i think they call it but like everything in Sydney prices can vary if you dont look around.

I went to a place on 29 belmore road, randwick, there's a few dentists there, it was recommended I get either dr Michael Urwand (but not his son Daniel - dunno why) or dr Frederic quemeneur (French guy). Got the French 1 & he was v nice. Turns out I had a cavity - I had an X-ray, he had to remove the nerve from my tooth & then build the tooth back up & that cost $200 which seems quite reasonable to be for what was done given I've heard or over 200 for a filling (he pretty much did a filling to build the tooth back up - maybe even more complicated?). They have another practice in the city on kent st. I'm on my phone & can't find the link but if you google dr Michael Urwand you'll find the info on yellow pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

jellie wrote: »
    I went to a place on 29 belmore road, randwick, dr Frederic quemeneur (French guy) .

He is very good.
    The main number in Randwick is
    (02) 9398 5251

Has anyone had a root canal done in Sydney? I'm being referred to a dentist & my original dentist told me it would cost about 1k which scared the crap out of me but now I'm emailing the referred dentist practice asking roughly what it would cost & they're saying up to 2k. For 2k I could feckin fly home get it done there & fly back!!

So just wondering if anyone has had one done over here by a dentist they'd recommend.

Advertisement