Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dead horse on the beach?

Options
  • 30-01-2013 2:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

anyone got any insight in to this?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,466 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I don't think you should leave a dead horse on the beach, its littering if nothing else. Had you any particular beach in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Probably sunbathing.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭tramoreman

what beach

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

i heard about this, wasn't the horse shot in the head

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭blankAs

sorry probably should have specified, it was on tramore beach yesterday, not sure if its still there today. i went down to look cause i saw a dead white thing at the shore line, thought i might have been a baby whale or something cause it was quite big, it was still kinda in the sea and i didnt want to look like a lunatic and take off my shoes to get a proper look but from where i was standing it looked like the ears had been cut off.
    iv seen many things wash up on the beach over the years (including a badger) but never a horse!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Yea it was.. Heard people talking about it on twitter and facebook but I saw a picture someone took of it on twitter. Apparently it has a shot wound in it, so was most likely deliberately dumped.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 realworld82

presume the horse was eating salmon so got the same treatment as the seals

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Looks like a job for SilverCrest Meat Products

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

coolhull wrote: »
    Looks like a job for SilverCrest Meat Products

Brilliant!!

Sad story tho in fairness :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

• Advertisement

Anyone know where it went? did the council take it away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

to the dump to the dump to the dump......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

I can't count the amount of dead animals I've seen washed up on that beach over the years. Must be a lovely place to swim.

I can't count the amount of dead animals I've seen washed up on that beach over the years. Must be a lovely place to swim.
    Except of course this horse didn't wash up on the beach. It was dumped on the beach itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

That's horrific. Looks like the horse had been starved before its demise too. Anyone know what happened to the body? I don't understand the need for jokes here - this kind of dumping/treatment of animals is unacceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Rasmus wrote: »
    That's horrific. Looks like the horse had been starved before its demise too. Anyone know what happened to it? I don't understand the need for jokes here - this kind of dumping/treatment of animals is unacceptable.

Your floggin a dead horse there

Rasmus wrote: »
    That's horrific. Looks like the horse had been starved before its demise too. Anyone know what happened to the body? I don't understand the need for jokes here - this kind of dumping/treatment of animals is unacceptable.
    Hey, if we don't laugh , we'll cry, and what good will that do the poor horse at this stage?
    No-one said this kind of treatment is acceptable, but let's keep in perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭TheGormog

Except of course this horse didn't wash up on the beach. It was dumped on the beach itself.

How many people do you reckon it took to dump him on the beach? You hold the back legs and I'll hold the front legs?

The poor divil had clearly been in the water a couple of days at least, he was probably rolled into deep water in west Waterford and washed eastward.

I've seen plenty of unusual animal carcasses washed up on beaches in the winter months, badgers, cattle, etc. The waterlogged soil upon bedrock and stormy seas combine to cause rock falls and landslides. delivering the poor craturs to their briny doom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

I remember years back a walrus was washed up.

I think the horse got washed back out to sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

No-one said this kind of treatment is acceptable, but let's keep in perspective.

No they didn't - nor did I suggest they did.

• Advertisement

really, it got washed back out?! imagine being out there surfing and that thing popping up beside ya!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

blankAs wrote: »
    really, it got washed back out?! imagine being out there surfing and that thing popping up beside ya!!!

Take the surf board off it then.

Advertisement