Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G.P. in Vancouver/Burnaby area

Options
  • 30-01-2013 2:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Been in Van for almost 3 years now, but still havent managed to find a good doctor.

I usually go to a walk-in clinic near where I live, but you wait over an hour (if lucky) and then the doctor spends literally 2 minutes with you. Which in a way i understand, as they are always so busy, but its frustrating as you dont get a chance to ask any questions or really understand your problem...its more like "here's a prescription, dont ask, just take it".

Another problem i've encountered is that a lot of doctors arent taking on new patients.
    Any recommendations would be very welcome. Thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Tiddlers

Hey, I'm in Van about 4 months now and I've needed a doctor once. After struggling to find somewhere taking on new patients, the Heights Medical Clinic on Hastings accepted me. I walked in one evening midweek and there was no trouble. There was one person ahead of me. This was back in October so things may have changed but could be worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭ash2008

Thanks, ill check them out...how was the doctor you saw there? Some of the ones ive come across have been less than friendly, and seens as I already dread going to see them, it really doesnt help ease my nerves.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Tiddlers

The guy I saw there was very good; nice friendly man with a relaxed manner. He answered all my questions and I felt like I got more than enough time with him.

The practice has a few docs so it will depend who's on when you walk in. I have heard negative things about another doctor there so if you would like the name of the guy I saw, send me a PM. Probably not allowed mention names here!

Advertisement