Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Usit+Go4Less any point this year?

Options
  • 30-01-2013 2:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

Me and the missus signed up for the go4less programme and paid the 70 quid each for it and since the IEC thing is open all we have got is one email telling us to go onto the IEC website and start filling out what needs to be.

I believe in the past they used to go through your forms for you and make sure everything is ok before they sent them on to the Canadian embassy but this year was there any point signing up to them?.. what value do you get out of the 70e now? their advice and help?.. they can't go through your own online forms for you now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

cuterob wrote: »
    Me and the missus signed up for the go4less programme and paid the 70 quid each for it and since the IEC thing is open all we have got is one email telling us to go onto the IEC website and start filling out what needs to be.

I believe in the past they used to go through your forms for you and make sure everything is ok before they sent them on to the Canadian embassy but this year was there any point signing up to them?.. what value do you get out of the 70e now? their advice and help?.. they can't go through your own online forms for you now

Imagine how the USIT people feel! I guess you're paying the 70e just to get some 'extra' information before you go and advice on getting your SIN. A bit ridiculous really but maybe you can get a refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

WasterEx wrote: »

Imagine how the USIT people feel! I guess you're paying the 70e just to get some 'extra' information before you go and advice on getting your SIN. A bit ridiculous really but maybe you can get a refund?

USIT also advertise a "fast track SIN number service" getting you your SIN in 6 days instead of the usual 6 weeks. This is absolute BS. It only takes a week to get and there's nothing USIT could do to speed up the process anyway.

Pure chancers

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Tonto86 wrote: »
    USIT also advertise a "fast track SIN number service" getting you your SIN in 6 days instead of the usual 6 weeks. This is absolute BS. It only takes a week to get and there's nothing USIT could do to speed up the process anyway.

Pure chancers

When I saw that on their site I laughed, pure bs indeed. I wonder why they don't get done for things like that? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Tonto86 wrote: »

Pure chancers

Me and the gf arrived last Nov and got our SIN in half an hour. We went in, filled the form answered some Questions, she said she'd send it out within 2 weeks or something, we asked could she print the number and thats what she did.

Seems these companies services are obsolete now, I know a few people who did a summer in Toronto 2-3 years ago with USIT, and they we're offered 'support on arrival' where some USIT rep tried to help them find accomodation and work, turned out if you didn't do exactly what they told you you got a cold shoulder and a 'your funeral' attitude. Unless your an 18 year old with no work experience their service is completely useless.

Advertisement